PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Corvette Stingray

Mark B
02/24/2014, 10:49 AM
Just saw the new 2014 Corvette Stingray, Green.
Looks like the color of my Mica Green Dragon VX.
The new Vette is sweet.

ZEUS
02/24/2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I love it! The only one I have seen was white with black rims & it looked really good.

FlyingV77
02/24/2014, 11:40 AM
I've only seen one, triple black covertable

evillecutter
02/25/2014, 07:41 AM
the yellows look proton

dietz99vcross
02/25/2014, 06:25 PM
First saw one at the Bowling Green factory when I was down there for a Buick meet at Beech Bend Drag strip, then saw another dozen or so at the Detroit car show, including the launch of the Z06. Mostly disappointed when I sat in the convertible and realized at 6'4" I am way to tall for the drop top.

TheGanzman
02/26/2014, 10:00 PM
Love the Camaro tail lights too - NOT!:madb:

mrtew
03/03/2014, 08:49 PM
Hey I was the lead digital sculptor on the new Corvette! That's right you can all tell all your VX buddies that the final surfaces were massaged by a fellow owner and driver! And sorry about the taillights.... I fought them the whole time as I did the Camaro's but everyone has different ideas! Some people like them I guess.

ZEUS
03/03/2014, 10:19 PM
^^^WHAAAAT?!?! That is awesome!! I am absolutely fine with the taillights on the Vette - the Camaro, not so much. What program do you use to sculpt auto bodies?

mrtew
03/04/2014, 04:00 AM
^^^WHAAAAT?!?! That is awesome!! I am absolutely fine with the taillights on the Vette - the Camaro, not so much. What program do you use to sculpt auto bodies?

How do you like the new Camaro taillights on the 2014. I think they're even worse and have started to give me an appreciation for the 2010's!

We use Alias Automotive which is now owned by Autodesk (the proud mark of any true Canadian company is to be owned by an American one) as do most car companies. We use it from the very start of "sketch" modelling all the way thru to final production surfaces. It went from being a class I had to take in school to my entire life, now I'm an Alias dude.

ZEUS
03/04/2014, 07:50 AM
I'm a bit undecided on the new Camaro touch-ups. The front end does not look bad but I think I like the older version better. I'm with you tho in that the older taillights look better to me now that they have been replaced with a new design fitting of a sedan.

I have never heard of Alias - thanks for that! However, I can't stand Autodesk & I wish they would be labeled a monopoly already. I hate being their guinea pig for every program update they can't get right! :madgray:

In other news, the Blue Devil ZR1 Corvette was removed from the hole (with a bad oil leak):
http://www.i4u.com/2014/03/64631/zr1-blue-devil-corvette-recovered-skydome-sinkhole