PDA

View Full Version : Engine dying out (3 times)

Lady Silver
11/15/2003, 07:02 AM
I purchased my 2001 Vehicross and have experienced engine
problems. Have you experienced this problem? What did you do?

Lady Silver

Hotsauce
11/15/2003, 07:45 AM
More info please.

Is the problem repeatable or tied to anything?

Does it throw a check engine light?

Only engine cold or hot?

Dies at idle, onder WOT?

You get the idea.

John C.

SGT.BATGUANO
11/15/2003, 12:00 PM
Yes, you need to give a more detailed description of the symptoms. Does it die when just idling? When the engine is cold or hot? In "park" or in "drive"? Does the idle or engine speed fluctuate wildly? When? Does the problem occur in "drive" when accellerating (mild or hard accelleration?)? In "drive" cruising? When coming to a stop? or a hard stop?:confused:

Y33TREKker
11/15/2003, 04:04 PM
I seriously hope that you aren't saying you've had three engines that have died (failed) on you. Even though it's bad enough, I hope the problem you're talking about is just the engine dying occasionally, because I'm sure the members of this board will be able to help you determine the cause (and solution) to your engines' problem.

Green Dragon
11/15/2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Lady Silver
I purchased my 2001 Vehicross and have experienced engine
problems. Have you experienced this problem? What did you do?

Lady Silver

2001 VX If it's still under Warranty take it back to the Dealer.

If not, ck your air filter & disconnect your battery & reconnect to reset computer parameters.
Dragon Bob;Db;

SPAZZ
11/15/2003, 07:07 PM
My VX does not want to start sometimes...it wants to die out on me. It tries to start but does not turn over...it just dies. Then if I hold the gas pedal down it will keep idled and will not die until I let off the gas pedal...then it dies.
After awhile, it starts just fine:confused:

Freon VX
11/17/2003, 06:56 PM
Since I bought my VX in July with 32000 miles on it, I have had NOTHING but problems. The shocks have gone, the CD player has died, the DS window repeatedly leaves its track, the headlight rubbers have had to be glued back on, the engine must be cranked repeatedly to get it to start, then it smells like gas outside, and the whole vehicle creaks and rattles like a tin CAN. I would NEVER advise someone to buy this vehicle. I wish I hadn't.

Tone
11/18/2003, 08:33 AM
Freon - sorry to hear of your complaints. How much would you take to be relieved of your rattle trap - I’m interested.

As for the first subject of this thread, fuel filter, fuel filter or intake gaskets. Hopefully we’ll get more info.

TJMaxx
11/18/2003, 08:56 AM
Yup, agreed..... fuel filter indeed.

Freon VX
11/23/2003, 09:24 AM
Tony, Unfortunately I owe about $15,500. It still has relatively low mileage, a warranty, and is in immaculate physical shape. Its going in for all the warranty work next week. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Bill