PDA

View Full Version : Still stuck

glenngw3
01/04/2014, 03:19 PM
I didn't ask my last question properly and I apologize for the confusion. My problem is that the front axle will not disengage and the check TOD light is on as well as ABS light. As soon as I start moving, all TOD lights come on and stay on. I can run up to 45-50 mph fairly smoothly, but front axle stays fully engaged. It normally has 1 of 3 lights on on the front axle. Could it be a sensor? Any tips/suggestions will be appreciated.

Marlin
01/04/2014, 03:29 PM
Just disconnect the TOD computer under the passenger seat and see if it drives differently. That will tell you if it is electronic (sensor) or mechanical (transfer case)

glenngw3
01/04/2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow

evillecutter
01/07/2014, 09:45 AM
tod SHOULD engage once you get up to a certain speed - that is 4hi (awd) - but if all of the lights on your tod display are on it is saying that your power is being split 50/50 (which is 4lo) if you are stuck in 4lo i would not drive it until you get it unstuck you can tear up your 4wd system

you would know if it was stuck in 4lo it will make noise turning on dry pavement (this is also what will mess things up)

hopefully its just a bad signal from your tod sensor to the display and mechanically its working properly

Marlin
01/07/2014, 12:00 PM
You would also know if you are in 4low cause it would feel like an awesome race car to drive! Burn out all four wheels...lol.