PDA

View Full Version : Renting / buying a VX to come to Moab - utopia?

Petos
01/01/2014, 09:22 AM
Hi, VX family!
As stated in the Moab thread, I'm planning to come to Moab this May.. I in fact plan to spend about 4 weeks exploring California/US Southwest.. Will be starting in San Antonio (tentatively) around May 1st..
So I thought it would be cool not to just rent a random car, but to come to Moab on a Vehicross.. Maybe buy one and then store it until the next Moab for more Russians who are planning to come, or maybe give it to some dealership to sell when I leave... Another option would be to rent a car from someone for a month..
Any thoughts/ideas? Will I be legally alowed to own a car / get license plates and insurance given that I only need it for a month, and I'm not a US citizen?
Much appreciated, and hope to see you all in May :)

arcobarco
01/01/2014, 04:46 PM
Petos,
I have several VX's. Maybe we could work out a rental situation. My wife and I are planning on going to Moab, but we are not sure how long we will be there this year. My work may prevent me from being able to go for the full week. You are welcome to PM me and we can discuss this further if you would like.

vp277
01/02/2014, 08:20 PM
I'm on the East coast - too far from Moab. If you're making a stop in the New York area send me a PM, we can fool around in the VX or other cars I've got.

PK
01/03/2014, 03:07 AM
Hmmm - this could become an international event.
I also hope to attend, thinking of renting an RV to get to Moab and back and riding shotgun with others on the trails.
I hope we both get to meet up Petos.

PK

evillecutter
01/03/2014, 07:01 AM
renting out vx's - that seems lucrative lol

FlyingV77
01/03/2014, 11:31 PM
you can rent mine, and ill ride shotgun!

Petos
01/04/2014, 06:22 AM
Petos,
I have several VX's. Maybe we could work out a rental situation. My wife and I are planning on going to Moab, but we are not sure how long we will be there this year. My work may prevent me from being able to go for the full week. You are welcome to PM me and we can discuss this further if you would like.
Arcobarco, this is awesome, thank you! I will PM you shortly. My only concern is that I was planning to be around Salt Lake city some time around the middle of my journey, so let's see if anyone else has something to offer..

you can rent mine, and ill ride shotgun!
Thank you, FlyingV77, but I'd like to rent one for my entire journey (full month in May, cruising US Southwest), and I suspect you will need yours for the TX-Moab-TX commute..

I'm on the East coast - too far from Moab. If you're making a stop in the New York area send me a PM, we can fool around in the VX or other cars I've got.
You call this far? Moscow is a bit further, I suspect ;) thank you for the offer though, I will PM you the next time I'm in the NY

Hmmm - this could become an international event.
I also hope to attend, thinking of renting an RV to get to Moab and back and riding shotgun with others on the trails.
I hope we both get to meet up Petos.
PK
Yes, PK, indeed, and I know that more Russians plan on coming in 2015 :)

Petos
01/04/2014, 06:23 AM

Triathlete
01/04/2014, 09:45 AM
Petos, if you swing through Tucson during your sothwest journey be sure and give me a holler. I took Uncle Asa (Alexander) on a fun little trip (http://youtu.be/cpTVpxHYYmA) while he was down here, he went camping with us also.

FlyingV77
01/04/2014, 02:36 PM
as of now im unemployed, so i can take a month off ;)