PDA

View Full Version : how to test drive?

mindaugas
11/22/2013, 02:08 AM
That's right, I'm getting serious about getting a vx back. Any tips on test driving one?

Triathlete
11/22/2013, 05:45 AM
Drive it like you stole it! :D

WormGod
11/22/2013, 07:03 AM
"I'm getting serious about getting a vx back. Any tips on test driving one?"

"Drive it like you stole it!"

Probably the cheapest way to get one back. ;)

tom4bren
11/22/2013, 07:20 AM
NOT like vt_maverick did!!!!:):):)

Mile High VX
11/22/2013, 08:15 AM

x2...I remember it well...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

mindaugas
11/22/2013, 09:08 AM
I wanna hear more.

I expected several "drive it like you stole it" :winky:
but seriously, aside from pretending it's grand theft auto anything I can do to find out if it's about pop a motor or drop a tranny?

tom4bren
11/22/2013, 09:22 AM
I wanna hear more.

He had an accident in the VX he was test driving ... he broke it ... he bought it.:)

I think he was going to get it anyway because it had tranny issues & was looking for a 5sp swap project vehicle.

UWVX89
11/22/2013, 02:48 PM
Drive it until that sucker gets hot. See how everything runs after its been running awhile.. Roll down the freeway, use 4hi-4lo where applicable, see if the TOD is working. That's where I would start.

mindaugas
11/22/2013, 03:03 PM
It was junk for what they were asking. Tired motor, abs on, slow windows, bunch of dents in back from backing into stuff. 120k miles and asking $8600.
Salesman was nice and no pressure.

VXorado
11/23/2013, 07:15 AM
It was junk for what they were asking. Tired motor, abs on, slow windows, bunch of dents in back from backing into stuff. 120k miles and asking $8600.
Salesman was nice and no pressure.

Let me know if you want an extra set of eyes for a local VX. I've test drove a few VXes for members and have a pretty good idea of what to look for.

vt_maverick
11/23/2013, 07:32 AM

He had an accident in the VX he was test driving ... he broke it ... he bought it.:)

I think he was going to get it anyway because it had tranny issues & was looking for a 5sp swap project vehicle.

Not the ideal car buying experience for sure. :noo: It did work out fine though, the guy was cool about it, even drove me to the airport after we signed the paperwork. It's been in only one accident and I know firsthand it wasn't that serious, which I figure is better than hoping a PO's wreck was as "minor" as they claim.

tom4bren
11/26/2013, 09:00 AM
Not the ideal car buying experience for sure. :noo: It did work out fine though, the guy was cool about it, even drove me to the airport after we signed the paperwork. It's been in only one accident and I know firsthand it wasn't that serious, which I figure is better than hoping a PO's wreck was as "minor" as they claim.

Maybe YOU can't look back on it and laugh yet ... but WE can!!!

Here, lemme help you out with this one:

:slap: