PDA

View Full Version : Intake updates

drdavidr4u
11/12/2003, 03:15 PM
Hi folks,
I spoke with the Weapon R manufacturer today and he sent me this pic of a passport intake with dragon filter.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2912
Of course the kicker will be if it clears the hood and fits.....
Does anyone like the looks of it?
They are willing to work with us.
So either Hotshot or this Weapon R has possibilities!!
Let me know,
Dave:)

AnalogVX
11/12/2003, 03:20 PM
I've always liked the look of the Weapon R. Looking at the pic though, the tube contacts the radiator hose. Someone mentioned that this would adversely effect the temprasture of the intake air. I am curious how it would clear the radiator hose on the VX.

VehiX
11/12/2003, 03:24 PM
The fitment on the weapon R is horrible in the photo you supplied.

For starters the aluminum intake tube is resting right on the HOT radiator hose and Second, the tube does not line up with the throttle body at all, you can see how this is stretching the rubber gasket thingy running the risk I would say of it actually falling off!!!

If they can make a design that is similar to the hotshots one that would be more desireable.

Also the use of carbon fiber I believe is much more prefered over aluminum due to heat.

I appreciate your efforts in getting this made and I feel a lot of us here would love to see a functional CAI offered for the VX :)

-x-
11/12/2003, 04:19 PM
is the air intake temp sensor in the maf (before the radiator hose) or closer to the throttle body (After the radiator hose)?

i know anything to heat it up is negative but i cant help but to think the if is senses the temp where the air enters the filter by the maf it wouldnt read/sense it as hot as it would/may be later on down the tube/pipe by the radiator hose ;) maybe ;Dy; just getting some thoughts out....x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204intake-med.jpg

drdavidr4u
11/12/2003, 05:49 PM
Hey Tone,,,,,,,
Any input on carbon fiber intakes after you have been to the show?
Please fill us in!!!
Thanks

WormGod
11/13/2003, 07:53 AM
That Weapon R looks hella heavy. A few things I don't care for about it....

1- Rests on radiator hose.

2- The filter is not exactly near the actual air induction.

3- The design is even way too basic looking for looking good. Even though I'm not a big fan of the HotShot intake (even though I have it), it's far more stylish and appealing looking than the Weapon R.

Remember, opinions are and should remain worthless unless you are looking for them. ;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/14/2003, 08:20 PM
While waiting in the lobby for my windshield repair on the VX..
I was reading an automotive themed pamplet with many advertisements and came across one company that advertises a "chrome powdercoat" process applied to any engine component for dual purpose of dressing up and in the case of headers or O.E.M. exhaust manifolds...increasing exhaust velocity while reducing underhood temps. Thought about this in relation to adding a properly designed intake (if one comes along). Anybody know if this could work????????? Would the effect be substantial or just negligible I'll get the company name if anybody thinks it might be of interest.