PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Grill and MO!

VCAMILO
11/12/2003, 02:37 PM
I gave my VX to a buddy of mine that work at a big 4x4 shop in Mesa, Arizona for some mods. He is going to build a grill from scratch to match this one. THIS IS PHOTOSHOP (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2911&size=big&papass=&sort=1), nerf bars ( to be also chromed out ), and shock spacers; (so that when I lift it the shock travel would be the same ). What you think of the grill? :confused:

*Update *
This is the new link: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2540

tomdietrying
11/12/2003, 02:43 PM
It looks good. Have you seen the grills that Ron has for sale?

Do you mind me asking how much they are going to charge you to make a grill like that?

Cyrk
11/12/2003, 02:44 PM
eh grill looks little to busy to me.

nice though

VCAMILO
11/12/2003, 03:20 PM
Im sure the grill will have a less line than that. I was doing the copy paste here @ work in Phoshop. How much? FREE FREE FREE! But Im sure I will hook him up for all the work. And if the favor is not returned on the chroming the custom nerf bars then that would be less than $100 bucks for both of them. He said 2-3 days for all the work. So, I will keep ya'll posted. ;Db; Yup! I have seen Rons grills. I just wanted to see something different. I actually met Ron back in LA @ the last rainy VX meet @ the ISUZU headquarters.

Heraclid
11/12/2003, 03:22 PM
I was thinking the opposite... rather than too busy, it actually seems kind of generic to me. Can they do something a bit more creative with it? Like incorporating a bat design or something a little more "you", ya know? Just doesn't seem to be much imagination thrown at it, that's all. But if that's what you want, more power to you.

VCAMILO
11/12/2003, 04:36 PM
They can do what ever I want them to do. They have all the materials and lazer machines to cut the patterns. I figure I will see what they can do and then we can go back to making patterns latter. :rolleyes: And I do have ideas... ;Db;

Spike
11/12/2003, 07:39 PM
You need to make a collapsable stand and fire box behind the grilll..

So you can remove it during meets and actually grill on it...

Tone
11/13/2003, 04:54 AM
I'm in for one of those grills - good job, looks great! Let me know when / where to send the funds.

VXcaver
11/13/2003, 05:24 AM
.;eekb; HEY! Wait a second! That's my truck! .;eekb;

But I like Heraclids idea vic... a bat on the front would be a most righteous addition. So how many of these can you get made? Also, I've got a spare stock grill laying around if the fabricator needs a template with bolt locations, etc

hchen
11/13/2003, 02:10 PM
any grill that takes out the fangs = eh

Heraclid
11/13/2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I agree... fangs rule. Sorry VXcaver for my confusion. Still like that hood insert a lot!

Apostle
11/13/2003, 05:00 PM
the new chevy truck has that style, some do that is.

and yup, fangs make the front end

VCAMILO
11/14/2003, 12:48 PM
The grill is done and installed! Unfortunately I did not have extra time to take pictures and post them. I picked up the truck on thursday and only had 20 minutes to pack for my fligh to Chicago. So, the earliest you guys are going to see the grill is Tuesday night. The grill is made out of aluminum and has less lines than the photoshop one. Its powder coated black with a polished front lips. Its look AIGHT! but it ads a different look to the VX. :naughty: The shop has all the dimensions stored on the computer. They guy @ the shop said that for about $175.00 he can do some grills with any color and finish. Im sure I can probably get them down a bit. HA HA! Mine was free! Favors....;Dy; VXCAVER! I will work out something with them if you are serious about a bat design gril.

AlaskaVX
11/14/2003, 02:31 PM
What about a grill that has fangs and teeth! I asked ron about doing something like this, not sure if he's still thinking about it. Not quite sure how you would do it but I know it can be done, and that is the grill I want to see! Maybe bring up this idea to them and see what they come up with, if it looks good you can put me down for one. I would prefer it to be either white or chrome. :thumbup:

VCAMILO
11/16/2003, 10:32 PM
What about a grill that has fangs and teeth!
Well I guess we should start those sketches for for the grill w/fangs...The material would also be aluminum. Lets start seeing some sketches people! and then we can have it done w/out much delay.

VehiSHARK
11/29/2003, 12:18 AM
is it too late to turn back?:D

fangs owns j00!!!