PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk thermostat controls

Lease-V-cross
11/11/2003, 08:05 PM
Why is it every time I put on the heat control, the AC button turns on?
Is this normal for the VX?

Should I take it in for repair?

Apostle
11/11/2003, 08:08 PM
it keeps the ac on if it needs it, its more of an autocontrol type of thing (from what i have gathered playing with it)

MrCrowley
11/12/2003, 06:47 AM
the only time the AC comes on without manual input is on the defroster vent selection. it is always on if the fan is on. other than that, it is when you have the button on or off. ill bet if you go out to your truck it is set on the windshield vents.

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/12/2003, 05:54 PM
I was always under the impression that they have the AC compressor run with the defroster in order to simply cycle it so it doesn't stay idle for too long a period and seize up. Since AC usually only gets used during "hot" weather...and goes unused the rest of the time the compressor can rust or seize up. By cycling it once in a while such as during defrost..this tends to keep it freed up. My Bronco used to say in the owners manual to lock the hubs in once a month to get the grease to permeate the hub and keep it freed up for when you really did need to lock in the manual hubs!

skunkworks
11/12/2003, 06:13 PM
AC is a dehumidifer so it aids in defogging
________
Honda CBR125R (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR125R)

WormGod
11/13/2003, 07:56 AM
And yes, tis the time of the season on the east coast to keep the A/C on with your temperature control. Without the A/C button on, your windows will just continue to fog over. ;)