PDA

View Full Version : ABS and drive shaft U joints

kitman3
10/22/2013, 03:06 PM
My ABS light is on it is registering codes 12 and 44.
I think it is the ABS module.
Does any one know where to find one or if another manufactures is compatible?
Like Audi or Nissan?

Also I wanted to change the drive shaft universal joints and while I think I found the front one no one seems to have the rear?

Does any one have a solution to the U joint supply?

Thanks for any help you all can give me.
This is my first VX and I am finding out that parts are hard to find!

VX KAT
10/22/2013, 09:17 PM
Start reading this thread at about post #44. We've had lots of discussions on the ABS failure, and found a great option - Repair exisiting module with lifetime warranty for $49!! :thumbup:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23339&highlight=abs+ebay&page=2

In a nutshell - there's a company on ebay that rebuilds hundreds of these ABS units from all types of cars. Several VX owners have now used him and they work perfectly - - and have a lifetime gaurantee!!

Here's the current ebay listing: (Doesn't matter that it says Trooper - he fixes the VX one under this too). :thumbup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

tom4bren
10/23/2013, 05:32 AM
IIRC, some folks also found out that the ABS module from a Durango works on the VX too. The search function on the home page should help you find that thread.

One of our members was looking into having the U joints on the drive shaft replaced with CV joints. Maybe contact LittleBeast to see what he found out.

VX KAT
10/23/2013, 09:29 AM
IIRC, some folks also found out that the ABS module from a Durango works on the VX too.

That's the thread link I attached above ;)

tom4bren
10/23/2013, 10:24 AM
That's the thread link I attached above ;)

OK.

I just assumed you pointed to the thread that discussed the ABS repair. My bad.

VX KAT
10/23/2013, 10:33 AM
OK.

I just assumed you pointed to the thread that discussed the ABS repair. My bad.

yer not bad T, yer jus a little slower than some…...:slap:

sorry kitman…T4B and I just haffta mess with each other…sorry for the TJ.

tom4bren
10/23/2013, 11:09 AM
... yer jus a little slower than some…...:slap:

She spends her whole post talking about one solution & then includes a link to a different solution ... & I'm the slow one???

That's just not right!!!

Just so that I'm not accused of thread jacking though:

One final solution is to just remove the ABS light. The ABS on our rigs is ... well ... less than optimal. I feel much safer with mine disabled.

kitman3
10/23/2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks every one for your help I found a Trooper unit today and will install this weekend!
Found a shop here that builds custom drive shafts for off roaders to go over my drive shaft.
Forum is great everyone is very helpful lots of useful info.