PDA

View Full Version : Hallowharrie 2013

Marlin
10/20/2013, 04:02 PM
A fairly uneventful trip. Before I left, I told the wife I had a bad feeling, haven't broken anything on the trail in a few years.
Low and behold, hit the passenger lower control arm, no worries there, but it also tore the sway bar bushing bracket off. I tried to remove the sway arm, but those nuts were rusted on too much. Gonna have to cut them off. I just hammered the bracket down so it wouldn't bang around too much and ordered new links. Still have an extra set of greasable bushings from Indy from a few years ago. Not sure why I have an extra set?
Not a problem, drove fine, just annoying rattle.
I managed to crack the weld on my hitch where I welded it to the frame...lol. Not completely, but enough that I need to fix it tomorrow.
I also played in the soup bowl. A big mud pit. The mud went all the way to the hump in the door. I went nice and slow, looked like someone painted butterscotch down the side of the truck. Hitch was completely submerged, and at some point, I got mud in the auto tensioner pulley. Already ordered a new one, and the alternator is fine:)
Other than that, no problems.

ZEUS
10/21/2013, 07:18 PM
OK, I'll be the one to say it... PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

VX KAT
10/22/2013, 11:37 AM
I have a spare Passenger lower control arm in excellent shape if you need one.

Marlin
10/22/2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks Sue, but not needed. It just bent the lip on the control arm. Totally ripped the sway bar bracket right off, broke the stud and all. Not a big deal, just a PITA.
Pics are tough to take when you are inside the vehicle...:)
There were only 4 trucks this year, the shutdown of the campgrounds forced most people to back out in advance. Oh well, at least I got a few days of trail time in!