PDA

View Full Version : All weather flooring. Opinions?

UWVX89
10/20/2013, 12:40 PM
So I was doing a little research on the Toyota FJ Cruiser. I feel that if I were to get a new car that would be my purchase. That's neither here, nor there.

Really what I was more interested in was the option of weather proof flooring throughout the whole vehicle, as one FJ I looked at had this option. Has anyone on here done that to their VX? I know for me personally taking the dog to the park or going out somewhere in the VX to get dirty it would be a heck of a lot more fun knowing i can just wipe down the floors and they wouldn't hold any water or mud or dog hair or spilled drinks or anything else they may encounter on my dog's or my feet . I think cleaning up would be so much better.

So I guess I'm just curious if anyone has done it or looked into it?

bartmanS4
10/20/2013, 01:03 PM
Bob Barker did this to his

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=276802&postcount=19

pbkid
10/20/2013, 02:14 PM
Personally, I think that it would work much better just to rubberize the current carpet, I'm not sure how you would go about that, but probably just take out the interior, and buy some roll on bedliner, roll the carpet and put it back together?

When the carpets in my Runner go, thats my plan.

JoFotoz
10/20/2013, 04:11 PM
Line-X / Rhino Line the whole interior..or at least floors etc.....

...and have removable, hose friendly mats ?

Drill a few drain holes.. hose inside car too.

jo

UWVX89
10/21/2013, 09:44 AM
Line-X / Rhino Line the whole interior..or at least floors etc.....

...and have removable, hose friendly mats ?

Drill a few drain holes.. hose inside car too.

jo

Yeah that'd be awesome, just spray it down and carry on with your day!

I think the Honda Element may have something similar to this type of flooring as well.