PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

Cobrajet
10/14/2013, 05:54 PM
What are the odds that the four shocks you bought used three years ago would include ONE with a low nitrogen charge? What are the odds that the four shocks you took off your VX nine years ago would include only ONE unbroken shock with a full nitrogen charge. And what are the odds that the four good shocks would make ONE complete set? Pretty damn good, actually! Can you guess which one is my original shock, and which ones were purchased from Ascinder?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93725352/VX%20shocks.JPG

I'm planning to install these this weekend (weather and back pain permitting.) They will match my just ordered Indy 4X4 braided steel brake lines! The front rotors and pads I bought in 2009 will also be installed before too long. After 140,000 miles I was getting a little warp vibration. It will be like brand new again. :)

tom4bren
10/15/2013, 01:04 PM
Yah, Yah Gregg ... Yer VX is disturbingly clean. I try not to look at the pic of yours next to mine ... also disturbing:)

Riff Raff
10/15/2013, 02:28 PM
My guess is the 2nd shock from the top is yours "original" (#2). Shock #1 (very top) and #3 and #4 (very bottom) are the one's you purchased. Am I correct???

:bgwb:

Cobrajet
10/15/2013, 06:15 PM
My guess is the 2nd shock from the top is yours "original" (#2). Shock #1 (very top) and #3 and #4 (very bottom) are the one's you purchased. Am I correct???

:bgwb:

Nope! Of the four I removed from my VX, there was one blown front and one blown rear. The VERY LAST shock I removed was the right front, and the top bolt snapped off. SO, that means mine is one of the rear shocks, either the top one or bottom one, and now I don't know which was mine. I can really only tell by the build date stamped on the tag. :)

IndianaVX
10/15/2013, 07:15 PM
I've always thought its a shame that such a cool looking part is hidden from view. I wish my shocks looked as clean!

bartmanS4
10/15/2013, 08:37 PM
4:1