PDA

View Full Version : I THANK YOU and SALUTE YOU!

JAG!
11/10/2003, 09:47 PM
This is not a day off. This is day to remember, reflect and pay a well-deserved tribute.

Unfortunately, quite a few people consider Veterans Day just a day to stay home, go to the movies, or do some shopping.

Veterans are one of the world's most under-appreciated people, today. A lot more should be done to help them as they have put their lives on the line for us.

It isn't easy to wake up one day, and say to oneself, "I'm going out to serve my country." -- This involves bravery, integrity and a sense of patriotism - Traits that are often forgotten or worse, ignored.

It is because of Veterans that I've been able:

...to write this without persecution.

...to enjoy the benefits of freedom.

...live in a relatively safe environment without fear of dictators and oppressors.

...to sleep at night knowing that someone is watching out for me even though I've never met them.

I SALUTE, and THANK YOU for your service. In my eyes, you are the true heros!

VX_PA
11/11/2003, 05:36 AM
:yes: Yeah, yeah what he said!! I totally agree with you.

VXMAN
11/11/2003, 05:44 AM
I too would like to say THANKS, to all my fellow Veterans. I served my country and LOVED every minute of it. I truely believe it was a great way to start out, life on-my-own. I've learned so much from my service and think that this truely is, something more young people should do. Although I didn't fight in any war, I'm still proud I served and to the Veterans that did see action, I salute you most-of-all.

Dave

Triathlete
11/11/2003, 09:37 AM
OOHRAH!!!

Mr. I-MAN
11/11/2003, 08:22 PM
oohrah semper fi

TDAWG
11/11/2003, 08:36 PM
Well today I had to work but before leaving I made sure I called up my brother and a few of my firends from the 82nd and gave them some thank yous for the freedom that they had provided for me and my family. I sent my brother out for a night on the town. I also had some flowers sent to Alington where a couple of My Brothers In Arms are laid to rest for giving their lives to make sure that I have the freedoms I have. To all the Lives lost in keeping AMERICA land of the free and home of the brave I salute Them. To those that are still over seas protecting us may god bring you home safe and sound.

Triathlete
11/11/2003, 10:29 PM
And don't forget a big semper fi happy birthday to all you fellow Devil Dogs!
(Nov. 9 Marine Corp. Birthday)
:bday: ;party: :bday: ;party: :bday: ;party: :bday: ;party: :bday: ;party: :bday: ;party: :bday: ;party:

Jesper
11/11/2003, 11:10 PM
Thank you for blood, sweat and tears you have laid for us.
I would like to include this quote from a book I read a long time ago, all forgotten, but this one line which I will never forget.

"For those who have fought for it FREEDOM is a taste the protected will never know"

Again thanks for you guys and girls who have given it all and to those who's memories will never forget.

Heraclid
11/12/2003, 04:11 AM
A big thanks to all those who have served and are currently serving, and the families serving as well. God bless you all.

SPAZZ
11/12/2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks.....Semper Fidelis