PDA

View Full Version : The end of the VX-O2? I pray not

Baldwin
10/02/2013, 10:28 PM
Well, I spoke with Isuzu...in fact I spoke to the entire marketing team. Yes...one guy. That's all that's left of Isuzu here in the USA. After a long talk, he finally opened up and told me that he does in fact know where the Petersen shipped the VX-O2 and VX-4. He just can't tell me. Also, it's in Isuzu's best interest to completely destroy these cars so that there is absolutely no chance of them making it onto the road. They had a deal with the Petersen when they still had a marketing and legal team that could dictate how the car could be used. But now, there is no way for Isuzu to guarantee that if they release the car to anyone else, that parts of if wouldn't end up on Ebay or something. I even asked for us to be able to take parts that are compatible with the VX...like the cladding, engine, wheels...just parts. But he said no. The only ounce of hope I got was that I have a non profit org that I run and that if it was donated, I would use it for display only and use it to demonstrate engineering and art to kids to promote Science, Tech, Engineering, Math (STEM) and that I'm working with Intel and the White House to keep kids in school to become engineers. He said that when they finalize it's disposition, he would make the pitch and give me a call if Isuzu changed their minds. Cross your fingers, pray, hope, do whatever...but let's all hope the last Petersen meetup wasn't the last we'll see of the VX-O2. https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/549172_10151290776477555_898636431_n.jpg

Scott Harness
10/03/2013, 05:48 AM
Fingers crossed!!:yeso:

vt_maverick
10/03/2013, 07:31 AM
Now I'm really bummed I couldn't make it this year. :( Damn project slips! :mad:

Y33TREKker
10/03/2013, 08:20 AM
...The only ounce of hope I got was that I have a non profit org that I run and that if it was donated, I would use it for display only and use it to demonstrate engineering and art to kids to promote Science, Tech, Engineering, Math (STEM) and that I'm working with Intel and the White House to keep kids in school to become engineers...
I would definitely pursue this angle, so it might also be helpful if you put together YOUR OWN PERSONAL marketing pitch your Isuzu Marketing Team friend could utilize when making HIS pitch.

I've been involved in certain instances where even the most bureaucratic of agencies will overlook what they would otherwise view as uncompromisable situations/regulations/etc when presented with potential Win-Win childrens' programs like the one you've described.

And while I'm not a fan of relying on name-dropping to get ahead in life, when you'd be doing it to promote the type of program you have in mind, the fact that you could mention professional entities like Intel and The White House as already being on board would be an instance where name-dropping would actually be a good thing.

Either way, good luck!

JoFotoz
10/03/2013, 11:55 AM
Go get 'em Baldwin :thumbup:

Destroying the VX02 would be a huge travesty/loss/waste.

Even if it never turns a wheel again..it needs to be saved.
Like I said in our e-mails..I'll help any way I can.

Jo

44ficus44
10/03/2013, 04:01 PM
DIDDO

Go get 'em Baldwin :thumbup:

Destroying the VX02 would be a huge travesty/loss/waste.

Even if it never turns a wheel again..it needs to be saved.
Like I said in our e-mails..I'll help any way I can.

Jo

blacksambo
10/03/2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe we should find another upstanding Museum (no offense Baldwin, we love ya), like the Antique Automobile Club of America facility in Hershey, PA. How could Isuzu complain about that. It just needs a tax deductible home, that's all.

Baldwin
10/03/2013, 10:58 PM
I'm speaking with another museum in LA right now and they are interested. Just need to get buy off from the owner. I've also contacted Jay Leno but haven't heard back from him yet. For sure Isuzu will not send the car across the country. A tax write off is not even a concern for Isuzu for this car. It was written off a while ago when they donated it to the Petersen. They wouldn't be able to double dip that.

vt_maverick
10/04/2013, 12:24 PM
Why wouldn't they send it somewhere else in the country? It's not THAT pricey, and who knows, the museum might actually pay for the shipping.

I for one would prefer to find a museum somewhere more in the middle of the country. Otherwise the same 1% of VX owners get to see it 5-6 times while the rest of us are SOL. Just saying.

blacksambo
10/04/2013, 05:43 PM
I think it needs to be an upstanding museum like AACA, one that won't ever give it up.

Triathlete
10/04/2013, 05:50 PM
Leno eould probably be a no-go...he buys his collection to drive.

JoFotoz
10/05/2013, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that if shipping costs are an issue...

.....between us all we could raise a few $$'s to cover that
if it means saving the VX02.

Jo

ZeroSix
10/06/2013, 04:48 PM
I am actually a School principal... STEM research? hmmm.... Maybe I could write for an autos class....

nfpgasmask
10/07/2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah, this is similar info to what I heard.

Bart