PDA

View Full Version : Might buy my first vx, need opinions and help

broken080
09/22/2013, 08:20 PM
Hey all,
I'm moving to Colorado and will be driving around the whole state all year round so i'm getting rid of my FWD car and debating a few options in my price range. I've always loved the VX though I've never been in one. I have a good lead on one here
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4080907745.html
and would love to know what major things I might want to look out for or if it seems like a good candidate. I will likely put decent miles on it and will likely do some occasional offroading since it can.

Any immediate thoughts? Is 120k too many miles? Any major services that are coming up? What is timing belt interval, 100k?

And one big question: Are these expensive to upkeep like an old german car or are they closer to honda prices? Should I be worried that isuzu doesn't really exist for support?

How are child seats in the back? any safety concerns?
I appreciate the help, and if I get it, I'll be very active here.

TIA
-Sean

fotomaker
09/23/2013, 05:44 AM
First off... Be aware that VXs are gas hogs. 15/18 is as good as I get. The 22 gallon tank costs about $75 to fill from empty and I get around 300 miles on the fill-up... Which is less than 14 mpg by my calculations.

Mile High VX
09/23/2013, 06:04 AM
First off... Be aware that VXs are gas hogs. 15/18 is as good as I get. The 22 gallon tank costs about $75 to fill from empty and I get around 300 miles on the fill-up... Which is less than 14 mpg by my calculations.

X2....it is great in CO but if I had to drive it very far every day I'd have to make another choice for that purpose...but still keep the VX for fun trips.