PDA

View Full Version : Poll:albert

fishhookmaui
11/10/2003, 03:23 PM
Just out of curiousity...To all the people who gave money to Albert and have not receive their product(s),,,can you please post how much money you sent him and for what accessories?Because somethings just does not seem to jive,know what I mean.

nyc #1 ironman
11/10/2003, 03:57 PM
$ 85.00 Carbon fiber half moon deposit

Joe_Black
11/10/2003, 03:58 PM
It's pretty well known what the situation is with Albert, the only unknown is his current condition. Let's not turn an unfortunate chain of events into a witch-hunt here.

ron
11/10/2003, 04:13 PM
I agree with Joe. I've personally met with Albert at the last LAVX meet and bought the chrome mirror covers from him too. From our brief meeting and his earlier transactions on the VMag board, doesn't come across as someone trying to pull a fast one, IMO.

He and I actually talked about working together to produce more carbon fiber accessories for the VX. My impression of his personal determination in expanding the availability of unaccessible products here to the US was commendable. Whatever the reason for his lengthy absence, I'm sure it was of a nature beyond his control or predictabilty. Just my 2 cents.

WormGod
11/10/2003, 04:27 PM
I really dont have much of a say so on the matter since I never made a purchase from him, and I do feel for all of you who have. Thing is, let's remember, he IS STILL a respected member of the VX community and his well-being is the real only mystery here. Knowing he came down with SARS and what little we know about it is my biggest concern. It is possible that recovery isnt just an overnight process and it may be the sort of thing that sticks with you forever, much like Lymes. I understand that money is on the line here and that patience is running low. Now, not to defend poor Albert, but I hope everyone can find it in themselves to try to maintain some added patience and compassion. If anything, let's try to find out HOW we can find out where he is and how he is instead of where the green is. Once we find him, I am sure the green will turn up. :)

Sorry, don't mean to sound like the UN here. ;Dy;

johnnyapollo
11/10/2003, 04:47 PM
I sent Albert a deposit on the CF threshold plates. However, knowing that he survived SARS is enough for me to write off the amount even if I never hear from him again. He purchased several items for me through his Japanese connections and doing this great favor more than compensates for his lack of communication. I figure that on the great wheel his karma will either punish or reward him as needed, just as it does me for my actions.

I honestly believe that his intentions were and still are good. His lack of communcation only leaves me concerned for his physical welfare. I hope we hear from him soon, as I fear the worst. I still stand behind him and hope he comes forth to relate his tale of sickeness and recovery.

-- John

Moncha
11/10/2003, 04:52 PM
I know that it is tough not knowing. Being from the other side, when finding out that the sway bar bushings would be on back order, I was biting my nails every day waiting for them to show.
Not to compare myself to Albert being that SARS is far more serious and dehabilitiaing than West Nile, I'm just now getting back on my feet after 2.5 months. In the first month I didn't even feel like looking at a keyboard let alone anything else. I definately feel for him and his family. There were a few times when I think Laura thought that I'd have given up the ghost.
Knowing what I do from other members, Albert is top notch and will probably do his best to right everything. With the time frame that it has been he may and probably has lost his contacts as volatile as he made it sound when he was trying to head up this endeavor.
Those that need the money back try and get it but try to do so in a civil matter. You may be at the mercy of Albert for that but it doesn't look much different either way. I'm just very curious as to his condition more than anything.

Joe_Black
11/10/2003, 07:18 PM
Just an FYI here folks, but Albert started his roller-coaster by breaking/shattering his knee. IIRC, he then contracted SARS while in hospital rehabilitating from that terrible injury. I couldn't think of a much worse double-whammy!

Unless you've got a significant amount of money invested with him the better thing to do is write it off knowing that it may have helped defray what I'm sure are some hefty healthcare expenses in Albert's case. From those that have expressed their personal experiences with this VX enthusiast take heart he's more than likely the kind to make the utmost amends once he's fully able to.

What goes around does indeed come around, and not in a tit-for-tat fashion. So reward yourselves early and take the compassionate path before you.

01VX
11/10/2003, 08:34 PM
I dont think the intent is Negative towards Albert, I wouldnt have sent my cash out if others on the board hadnt reassured me that he was a good guy, but I think he need to be held accountable for his actions or non actions, at least have one of his relatives use the post to relay a message, If he needs more time thats fine, I understand he's been through tough times, I just want an update or a post from him.At the very least i want to try and get some of my $800.00 back, if he bailed completely.

Grant Eaton
11/10/2003, 09:59 PM
Albert owes me $375 for a set of mud flaps I never received.

newthings
11/11/2003, 10:16 PM
Return of stock half moon ($100.00)
CF Half moon
CF miror covers
Total about $300.00
Roy

fishhookmaui
11/12/2003, 02:16 AM
thus far ,$1560 total from 4 people...I know there are more board members who have given money to albert....just trying to enumerate and quantitate as to the extent of this dragged out situation.

AREA 51
11/13/2003, 07:39 AM
Why? You gonna send someone to find him if the amount is high enough? I'm hoping he'll turn up, eventually, and make good on his dealings.