PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine and Transmission

jheyson =)
09/18/2013, 08:40 PM
Hello VX family ,

My VX overheated and the engine has some problems. The mechanic told me that the engine overheated because of lack of antifreeze. There was an obstruction in the system. My transmission is slipping in "D" sometimes as well.

I need advise from you in terms to get an engine in good condition , preferably with reasonable miles as well as a transmission.

I read long time ago in the forum that some members were putting isuzu trooper engines. Is the transmission is also the same? My mechanic told me that isuzu trooper 2 may have the same engine.

Please, enlighten me with your knowledge , and I will like to keep my proton alive. Recently , I am driving my mom's kaiser to school , and her commute to work is getting difficult. I am using her VX because since I have to commute
to my university back and forth.

Maybe you know some junkyards? or somebody is selling engine and transmission? or can I look for Isuzu trooper 2 engines and transmission?

I WILL NEVER give up on my VX!! Iam sure all of you understand how it feels to love a VX.

Thanks in advance =)
Have a nice day ...and take good care of your engines.

By the way, Thanks Vx Kat for the advise and information in the pm messages.I appreciate !You are always helpful .

JoFotoz
09/18/2013, 09:59 PM
Why yes...yes I am :thumbup:

[COLOR="Blue"]

or somebody is selling engine and transmission?

I PM'd you.

2001 Complete Engine and Transmission available ..soon!

Jo

tom4bren
09/19/2013, 04:51 AM
There may still be a tranny available in a boneyard up near Pittsburgh, the engine was blown though.

You may not need a new engine. Head gaskets may cure your ills (& pressure flush the coolant from the engine while the heads are off). That's what I'm in the midst of on Boy's Ebony (because of slight overheating issue).

It's prolly more than a 'shade tree mechanic' type job ... but that's what I'm doing.