PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!

sopo
09/12/2013, 07:08 AM
Well, I got my VX last night but still haven't drove it. I know.... SAD. My dad drove it home for me. It does have some 'issues' but for the price, I am not complaining. It was 3 hours away and my parents were going through there on there way home... he stopped to check it out for me. My financing had went through so after he told me the condition, I went and did the paperwork. I was in my rental the insurance company was paying for and didn't want to give it up yet so I had to drive the rental home and dad brought the VX home. The dealers were impressed, I knew more than they did about it. lol

It is missing the back seat headrests so I will be looking for those. I'm not sure what they are called but the deals that hold the plastic panel on over the spare tire, I REALLY need to find 3 of them because it's only held on by 1 and it needs a jack. I may find more things it needs today but we'll see.

The dealer got her from Arkansas but she was from Oregon before and was owned by a David G there. There was papers in the glove box that in 2011 it had a 'R&R Transmission complete recondition including heavy duty torque converter and shift kit, also replaced rear main seal. Parts: Master overhaul kit, bushing kit, shift kit, heavy duty torque converter, transmission filter and pan gasket, fluid and rear main seal.' Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :confused:

I got home really late last night so I uploaded dealer pics to my gallery. He told me to get some Trim Restorer from O'Reilly's for the cladding. Dad had an oil change done on it while they were waiting on me to get there. I need to change wiper blades, maybe have the front end aligned and then figure it out from there. She's not perfect but I am one happy girl. :bgwb:

WormGod
09/12/2013, 07:09 AM
Congrats. Let the obsession begin.

tom4bren
09/12/2013, 07:46 AM
Congrats.

There is a member that makes the spare tire cover screws that are better than OEM.

Back seat headrests can be found at your local junk yard. Ones from an Amigo or Rodeo will work & some think better since they are 'see through'.

I haven't seen any jacks available lately but I'm sure we can help you find one.

As for trim restorer, there are lots available. Personally I like Mother's Back to Black. A lot of members don't like it since it needs to be re-applied often but I like it since it won't harm paint & I'm a messy detailer.:) I'd suggest you start with B2B until you figure out which one will work best for you. B2B can be removed with dishsoap so it won't interfere with other products if/when you decide to switch.

BTW, I had mine sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks before I got to drive it (clear title ... wasn't). I feel for ya.

Mile High VX
09/12/2013, 08:44 AM
Congratulations and Welcome back to the obsession.

You can get those spare tire cover knobs here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23517&highlight=knobs

Getting great reviews and reasonably priced...:smilewink:bgwb:

sopo
09/12/2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. Got to drive her today and other than killing my back (hurt in wreck) I loved it. Can't wait to feel better and get to work on things.

This is before I do the cladding.
http://www.billyhill.com/0vx.jpg

Noctis
09/13/2013, 07:04 AM
Congratulations again, and as others have said, welcome back.

Back in black, no less :)