PDA

View Full Version : Alignment: Camber/Caster

twalker920
09/05/2013, 07:15 PM
I am still a few degrees out of alignment since my Spring Creek Adventures. Big-O paid to fix the dent on my fender they made doing the main alignment (toe in), and since they are across the street from work, I figured I would repay their service by having them finish the alignment job.

But the manager is telling me the only way to get the camber/caster back in on my VX is by slotting the bolts holes at the top of the strut towers. That he can't do it simply with shims.

Does this sound right? I don't really want him to cut metal unless that's the only option.

Advice?

etlsport
09/05/2013, 08:02 PM
are you lifted? That could make it more difficult. It took probably 3 hours for me to get my alignment just right using shims, but i did manage to get it dead on, exactly in the center of the factory specs.

twalker920
09/05/2013, 09:04 PM
Minor lift, running 32s. They did a perfect alignment for me before Moab in May...then I bent something on a trail a few weeks ago and it's just not right yet. Those tires are spendy to have wear unevenly!

Can I ask what you shimmed to get the last little bit? Maybe I can have them try that instead of Dremeling my shock towers...