PDA

View Full Version : what is a lot of miles?

sopo
09/05/2013, 12:10 PM
Hi, My husband and I used to own a 99 VX a few years ago. He traded it off not too long before he passed away. We both loved it but he was one of those that wanted something different every couple of years.

I just totaled my car last week so am looking to replace it. I don't want a new car monthly bill and found a 99 VX not too far away but it has 155,000 miles. Is that a lot or should I keep looking? I know I had 145,000 on my car and I put 139,000 of those on in the past 5 years. I drive a lot so the VX has to be able to keep up.

Thanks and look forward to getting to know you.

VXorado
09/05/2013, 12:55 PM
I don't think 150K is too many miles. It really depends on how things have been maintained and if you'll be able to add a bit of TLC every once and a while.

I have 145K on the ODO and everything is running well. I do expect my tranny to be the next thing to go out just from age but no real problems as of yet. *knock knock*

JoFotoz
09/05/2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome back to the VX mania!

150k of well maintained miles is better than 70K of neglect IMO.

If the VX has a good service record...New Timing belt/brakes etc,
is rust free and has no major oil consumption issues......

.....then thats a good start :thumbup:

There are plenty of 150k PLUS VX's here..and several 200k plus.

Depending on where you find one...there are many here that will
go take a look for you/with you if they have time.

Good hunting...:clap:

jo

Scott Harness
09/05/2013, 05:00 PM
Welcome,PM me if you need some help.I don't think I'm too far away.(Dallas) also maybe RickOKC lol volunteering him without permission...sorry buddy...make it a mini-meet maybe! Say that 3 times fast:p

sopo
09/05/2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I found a checklist on the forum and sent it to the seller to see if he would answer the questions for me. Between getting ready for my aunt's funeral and barely able to walk across the floor right now, I've not been able to go check it out but hoping I can this weekend so my dad can go with me. I do appreciate your offers. Now, I'm excited hoping it will all work out. Thanks!

blacksambo
09/06/2013, 09:20 PM
Joe Black a very knowledgeable member used to say 300,000 miles was the outside limit without a major overhaul. So, based on that, you should be okay. Have at it And welcome back top the best truck masquerading as a car in the "world land".