PDA

View Full Version : VX almost got away

tom4bren
08/22/2013, 09:37 AM
Last Friday when we were headed out (towing the VX behind the RV) & it almost got away.

One of the brackets I made to mount the tow bar on the VX broke. Luckly we were just pulling out of a parking lot when it happened.

The other side held & kept the VX from passing us. No damage to the VX and no significant damage to the RV (Yah, I got down on my knees & thanked God for watching over me).

I had already made a new bracket for that side with gussets added for strength but didn't install it yet because one of the bolts is stripped. Rekin I'll get'r done now though.

Y33TREKker
08/22/2013, 09:43 AM
Speaking of stripping and installing new, have you already completed that process with the shorts you were wearing at the time? :p

If it was going to happen, at least it happened when it did. I'm sure you realize already too that the results could have been far worse.

Safe travels.

JAMAS
08/22/2013, 10:58 AM
Last Friday when we were headed out (towing the VX behind the RV) & it almost got away.

One of the brackets I made to mount the tow bar on the VX broke. Luckly we were just pulling out of a parking lot when it happened.

The other side held & kept the VX from passing us. No damage to the VX and no significant damage to the RV (Yah, I got down on my knees & thanked God for watching over me).

I had already made a new bracket for that side with gussets added for strength but didn't install it yet because one of the bolts is stripped. Rekin I'll get'r done now though.

First.....HAPPY 8,000th POST!!!!

second....Geez, I bet your stomach dropped straight to the floor when you saw the VX break loose. Especially after your last ordeal. Absolutely terrifying. Glad it made it out safely and no one was hurt.

tom4bren
08/23/2013, 04:58 AM
Speaking of stripping and installing new, have you already completed that process with the shorts you were wearing at the time? :p

If it was going to happen, at least it happened when it did. I'm sure you realize already too that the results could have been far worse.

Yes, Yes, & Yes.

First.....HAPPY 8,000th POST!!!!

second....Geez, I bet your stomach dropped straight to the floor when you saw the VX break loose. Especially after your last ordeal. Absolutely terrifying. Glad it made it out safely and no one was hurt.

Thanky. Yah, the only casualty was the patience of the person behind me ... laid on the horn because I was blocking the exit.

I'll hafta snap some pix of the brackets when fixd'ed. They're pretty slick. KISSly elegant.

I've already made 1 extra copy & need to make a second that'll mount shackles on the front of Boy's Ebony.

mdwyer
08/24/2013, 03:36 PM
Mine got away from me and almost crashed into South Park...

I was working a race up in Fairplay, Colorado, and I left it in-gear with the engine off. A little bit later, my friend dove through the passenger window and yanked the e-brake. It was half way down the hill, rolling right into the South Park City museum, where it would have damaged a frontier shack or something. :(

It was not my best moment...

tom4bren
08/24/2013, 06:53 PM
At least neither of us 'pulled a Marlin':)