PDA

View Full Version : Moab 'ZuZoo VII May12-15, 2004

Moncha
11/07/2003, 07:58 PM
Mark your Calendars! The event date for 2004 has been selected. Moab 'Zu Zoo VII will be held Wednesday the 12th of May to Saturday the 15th! This is the 3rd weekend in May. Keep checking in for more details. Here's a their original site www.zuzoo.org

Hope to se you all there

AnalogVX
11/08/2003, 12:02 AM
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

nocturnalVX
11/08/2003, 03:39 AM
Does that mean you're thinking of going again, Rich?
;py; ;Dy;

AnalogVX
11/08/2003, 09:09 AM
I'm there!

omegavx
11/08/2003, 09:27 AM
Hey, if you guys are interested in a caravan to Moab let me know. I plan on taking time off for this meet.

Apostle
11/08/2003, 05:10 PM
If we do a convoy, can i be the rubber duck?

then that leaves open: suicide junkey, and 12 hippies in a chartruse microbus

and i would say "we're about to go huntin bear" but moncha's with us so that wouldnt work

Moncha
11/09/2003, 03:02 PM
We could do like we did last year and have the TX reps meet hear in Pueblo, then head out Hwy 50 West and meet with the other easterners in Grand Junction on I 70 West, then on to Moab from there. Anyone form the North could join in on the festivities here. Just as last year, we have lots of floor space! ;Dy;

My and Laura's going depends on work again, I'm just starting a new training period for 3 months and have applied for a new investigative postition that would start in April. If all works out, we should be able to make it.
If not we would still be willing to host wary travelers enroute.

VX crazy
11/18/2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone have an idea who will be going? Wanted to try to get room info in advance this year! I am off the next few weeks and have WAY too much time on my hands, so if we can kinda get a head count and block some rooms at the same motel would be good! Also a head count for the dinner so reservations can be made this time! Yippee, cant want, coming up sooner than you think!

AlaskaVX
11/18/2003, 02:35 PM
Well its only 3338.53 miles away :confused: :bgwb:

Green Dragon
11/18/2003, 03:27 PM
Already have my room reserved.

http://www.moab-utah.com/landmark/motel.html
Dragon Bob:rolleyes:

Anita
11/18/2003, 03:36 PM
Bob, somehow I dont see you going down that waterslide.. ;Dr;

AnalogVX
11/18/2003, 04:12 PM
Camping was definately cool last year. But I think I am going to go with a room this year....it's closer to the margarita machine!
Gil, still up for a roomy?

Green Dragon
11/18/2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Bob, somehow I dont see you going down that waterslide.. ;Dr;

I can go down that lame slide standing on my head gargaling peanut butter.;Dr;

Dragon Bob

AlaskaVX
11/18/2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Green Dragon

Post pics :bwgr:

Tone
11/18/2003, 07:35 PM
Just heard back from Todd and he has agreed to lead a VX only run again on Tuesday May 11th so plan on getting in early! Lisa and I are in the process of reserving 10-12 hotel rooms to get a decent group rate May 10-16th- will post more info when we have it. We’ll also be making dinner reservations at various restaurants for each weeknight around 8pm and post those as well.

TX folks will be leaving Sunday (Mother’s Day) around noon so we unfortunately can’t make the Colorado trek this time but it was a great convoy last year and a highly recommended detour- Scott and Laura were wonderful hosts!

Anita
11/18/2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Green Dragon

Dragon Bob

Bob, I wasnt saying that you couldnt do it.. it was more a comment that I couldnt picture seeing you do such a thing.

But if you would like to do it, I will supply the peanut butter and the camera.

Creamy or chunky style?;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

nocturnalVX
11/19/2003, 02:31 AM
Hell yeah Rich, you can room with me this year. Spazz, I'm sure it's nothing personal... maybe he just wants a real bed (not to mention being near the margarita machine). I had a great time the last 2 years, and Tim was a great roomie (love going to see flix with Anita & Tim, the editorial comments rule!), so I will make ZZVII ! Where are the elitist VXers holing up this time? The Landmark with Bob? I love water slides! Speaking of Dragon Bob... I hope to one day be half as prepared for wheeling as he is. Thanks again for your help on Gold Bar Rim Bob & Larry! BTW... notice the time of this posting? Just living up to my rep! ght! :naughty: Now, good night! :rotate:

Vasha13
11/19/2003, 05:54 AM
Count me in probably. Will depend on new baby situation but I think it will work out okay.

Anita
11/19/2003, 08:51 AM
If I am able to attend Moab in May, I might upgrade lodgings to the Red Cliffs Lodge and strike a deal with them to let us have a big BBQ on one of the evenings. Right next to the Colorado river, they are a great place to take scenic pics of our VX's.

Not sure for now... but its on the calendar!

VXMAN
11/19/2003, 10:00 AM
Going to try and make this year's trip. Any East Coaster's going? TDAWG, you interested in a L O N G convoy? I really want to make this trip! Hoping my calendar is clear?

:D

Dave...

Anita
11/19/2003, 10:11 AM
Yahoo! !! Break out the cigars...

TucsonVX
01/12/2004, 10:27 PM
Got New tires to try and a 2" lift

Se ya

Joe_Black
01/13/2004, 01:02 PM
Starting to get the itch... any Floridians or Georgians wanna join an East Coast convoy? Just gotta decide... IronMan or Dragon? IronMan or Dragon? IronMan or Dragon...

AnalogVX
01/13/2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
Starting to get the itch... Just gotta decide... IronMan or Dragon? IronMan or Dragon? IronMan or Dragon...

Can you say TRAILER?

AlaskaVX
01/13/2004, 03:52 PM
Tell ya what Joe, I will drive your "extra" VX there ;) ;Do; Damn I wish I could go to this!!! :madp2: Someday oh yes, someday... :yes:

Joe_Black
01/13/2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by AnalogVX
Can you say TRAILER?

LOL! Only if I go turbo diesel in the IronMan!;Do;

AnalogVX
02/03/2004, 09:13 PM
in a way I guess. I am not going to make Moab this year. My daughter is going on a 3 day camping fieldtrip for school that same week and wants me to come along. I can't say no to that. I have been trying to get her camping since she was old enough to say "bugs"! I am going to really miss everyone, have a magarita for me would ya?

Randii
02/09/2004, 09:14 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing many of you folks again and meeting the new folks, as well. :D

Last year's VX picture (almost 20 strong!) was sweet, and catching a ride with Bob in the Green Dragon was an equal blast. Four days of official event is always too short, even with the full work-week I take off, and the weekend on either side...

This year, I won't even have to rent a Jeep! :rolleyes:

Randii
Randy Burleson
Moab 'Zu Zoo VII Event Staff

Triathlete
02/09/2004, 09:40 AM
They are looking for VOLUNTEERS (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=448984&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1) to help out with the event if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately I will miss it again do to my race schedule. Will be putting the finishing touches on my Ironman prep for Coeur d' Alene so I can try to qualify for the world championshis in Hawaii. But I WILL make it up there in the next year or two!

Jay Dunford
03/15/2004, 12:21 PM
Registration is open at: www.zuzoo.org

VX crazy
03/15/2004, 02:45 PM
Cool, what trails is everyone doing on what days, just curious. Jay, I KNOW I wont be doing any of the ones you will be able to do with your lifted VX!

Apostle
03/15/2004, 09:18 PM
Wed 3d
Thur porc rim
Fri gold bar rim
Sat Kane Creek

thats what im going to attempt. not sure if ill have my tires by then so wanted to keep it easy/simple

Randii
03/15/2004, 11:15 PM
Registration is OPEN! :D

Go to the official 'Zu Zoo website for registration, product purchases, schedules, trail signup etc...

Randii
Randy Burleson
'Zu Zoo, Inc.

Jay Dunford
03/16/2004, 07:37 AM
Wed. 3d
Thurs. Top of the World
Fri. Seven Mile Rim
Sat. Kane Creek

I may bail on the Fri. run and try to ride along with one of the hard core rigs on Pritchet Canyon. That is probably the toughest trail for the event and really fun to watch/help these guys run through it.

Todd Adams
03/17/2004, 07:37 AM
My reply to Rick (BAXMAN) got bounced back. Not sure why but I will share with everyone. Hope he reads this and not think I am ignoring him.

Hi Rick,
First, the reason that EH is not offered is because the Isuzu group does not have a permit with the National Park. I got away with it the one year I lead it by a personal agreement I had with the NP not Isuzu. Since no one has asked me to be a trail leader, it is not offered. I do have a permit to lead it during Easter Jeep Safari.
I no longer work for Ryder, hence I won’t be up your way any longer. I did enjoy my trips to the Pacific Northwest and the job I had with Ryder but when a better offer comes along...
I have been asked to lead the VX only run on Tuesday. I believe Linda and I have a great trail variation planed but it will not be EH. Since I expect over 20 vehicles EH would not be a choice. The NPS has a problem with large groups of vehicles.
Hope to see you there. Scroll down about half this page once it loads http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/uroc_stgeorge2004/ to check out what we are up to this year. Changed from helping run the events to competing. We are not doing very good but having a blast.
Todd
PS I don't know if we will be signing up officially but maybe hanging around to help like last year. Not sure what my schedule will be at this time but we are committed to the VX only run.

Hey Todd, How you been? Will you be leading the run this year? I don't see Elephant Hill on the Trail Registration page - is it closed? I reluctantly registered for my 4 trails so I could get the ones I want, hoping none would be duplicated by the VX run. Do you have something in mind?

Rick

Baxman
03/18/2004, 08:23 PM
Hey Todd! Looks like some SERIOUS rock-crawling. Best wishes to you and Linda!

Do you know which trail we'll be doing on Tuesday?

My daughter Becca and I will be doing:

W- Poison Spider Mesa
Th- Fins and Things
F - Gold Bar Rim
S - Kane Creek

Apostle
03/19/2004, 05:43 AM
Anyone staying in the cabins?

made reservations, but not sure if they are full yet

Locomigo
03/19/2004, 11:23 AM
At Portal, the cains have been and will be booked for YEARs... No I'm not bitter or anything... ;eekp;

You can try other locations for the cabins, but no go @ Portal... they are booked up for several years to come...

Moncha
03/31/2004, 05:16 PM
I'll update this post as to what trails I'll pick but, At least I know that I'm going!!!!

Hey, Apostle even with OEM tires, you should have no problem with those choices. Are you going out for the VX only run? Maybe we can caravan albeit a short one.

>>> Update >>>

Tue. VX Only Run

Wed. 5/12 Tip Toe Through Hell

Thu. 5/13 Top of The World

Fri. 05/14 None

Sat. 05/15 Porcupine Rim

Laura may not make this year due to business considerations but, I'll be there!!

Apostle
04/01/2004, 05:33 AM
Hey Mon,

Nah, ill be heading out on the 11th. Girl cant get off work for the 10th. (unless we leave the night of the 10th, havent decided yet)

nocturnalVX
04/01/2004, 07:43 PM
My work schedule is changing, and I will not be able to make Zu Zoo VII. I had hoped to make it three in a row, but looks like it ain't gonna happen. :cryb: Have fun, take lots of pics, and keep the rubber side down!

Randii
04/01/2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Moncha
I'll update this post as to what trails I'll pick but, At least I know that I'm going!!!!
Outstanding, Scott -- are ya bringing your puppy?

Randii

Moncha
04/03/2004, 08:12 AM
I think so, He's got a little sister now too but, they both have WAY too much energy!!

BTW I'll be working on that little project that wwe talked about too. :)

Randii
04/04/2004, 08:19 PM
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent! On both counts! :D

Randii

MSHardeman
04/21/2004, 02:27 PM
I don't currently own a VX, but I've wanted one since they came out in '99. I will, hopefully, be in the market for one in the next few months, and I know a few of you are headed to the Moab Zu Zoo in May. I've never actually been near a VX, so I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to let me poke around their VX for a few minutes during the Zu Zoo. I only live a couple of hours from Moab, so it's easy for me to get there. I was ready to buy a VX without ever riding in one, but since you guys will be close it seems to make sense to at least touch one first.

Thanks.

Moncha
04/21/2004, 02:55 PM
I'd be glad to!

AnalogVX
05/09/2004, 11:51 AM
I am getting ready to leave for my daughter's camping trip so I won't be on the boards for the next few days. I wish everyone a safe and happy Moab! Travel carefully. Wish I was meeting up with everyone this year, but I have my videos of last year, so it's almost like being there! :D