PDA

View Full Version : Original Parts - Store or Sell?

mdwyer
08/02/2013, 08:46 PM
A certain company that starts with 'A' and ends with 'mazon' made me an unreasonable offer and has forced me to quit my job and venture across the country. I think the VX is going to make the trip with me, but I've got some questions that I want to run by the allmind here.

If you had a 2000 Proton and it was still is good shape, would you attempt to keep it original? Or would you just get rid of extra parts?

I've got a set of the original 18" wheels and the back seat taking up room in my garage. I can't see ever using them again, but it feels sort of criminal to get rid of original parts. I guess I have in my mind the idea that I could take it back to stock if I needed to.

What do you think?

(And, anyone want a set of 18" wheels and a back seat?? How about a commercial softserve machine? :) )

vp277
08/02/2013, 09:24 PM
I would definitely keep the original parts as long as dry storage space is available. Keeping an option of returning a rare car to the original condition is important if you ever need to sell the car.

Hcloud13
08/03/2013, 03:31 AM
I agree! keep the originals.

Mile High VX
08/03/2013, 06:49 AM
Yes, keep the original stuff. I have the same basement full of OEM wheels, bra, CD player, fuzzy hole, shocks, etc.

Do you have a Taylor machine, a Stoeltng, or some other brand of soft serve equipment. I grew up in that business...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

JMNY
08/04/2013, 08:10 AM
are you coming to the NY/NJ area?

*** Keep or sell to a VX ENTHUSIASTS from this site!

mdwyer
08/05/2013, 02:28 PM
Taylor? Hah. As if I would have one of those high-falutin' machines... It's an ElectroFreeze Model 22. Nothing fancy, and the mix valve is sketchy enough that I wouldn't trust it to hold a safe mix temp overnight. But I get to tell people that I have my very own softserve machine, sooo....

*sigh* I'm afraid Colorado is quite a distance from NJ...

nfpgasmask
08/05/2013, 02:35 PM
Loose the wheels, keep the seats. Much, much easier to find wheels if you needed to, AND, aftermarket wheels usually don't deter buyers, but lack of the original seats might.

Bart