PDA

View Full Version : ECORS AA class

housertl
07/17/2013, 09:48 AM
So, I've been looking at the couple of threads about people racing their VX, and since most of the ECORS events happen to be pretty close to where I am, I thought I would look into it. Come to find out, they have added a new class, AA. This is for trucks that are essentially bone stock, with the only allowed mods being minor lift/trimming to accomodate larger tires, and you CAN install a roll cage, if you want.

My VX is at least a partial daily driver (40 mile each way commute to work means that my wife drives it more than I do. I end up taking the little gerbil car.) How risky would it be to try to jump into this?

tom4bren
07/17/2013, 10:07 AM
Ask Buffy

He's rolled his at least once ... & hit the same tree about 8 times.

Rekin he drives it like he stole it or sumpn.:)

Marlin
07/19/2013, 05:41 AM
I think they also have problems with the torsion bars not being up to the job and eating up shocks. I think it would be a blast!!! I would feel better doing it with a trooper or a rodeo. Something that if you encountered body damage, it is easily fixed or just not worried about.
I went to a few of the races, there is some rubbing with other vehicles, and it definitely will test the durability of the truck:) If it is your no kidding, I need the VX to get to work, type of vehicle, then I wouldn't risk it, but if the VX is your extra 'fun' vehicle that you sometimes drive to work just cause, then you might have something here!