PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued Parts

tysamigo
07/09/2013, 06:46 PM
So it's official...I received word today from Merlin that some new parts were just labeled "Discontinued" and that have complete 0 in stock. Unfortunately, 2 of those parts I had ordered...

1. Antenna and Base Assembly, now discontinued, not available at all.
ps, if you have one for sale, pm me.

2. Fastener, located in front of radiator, that holds the Foam Wind Deflector attached to the metal frame. No problem however as I'm finding a direct replacement from Auveco and will post it.

I was hoping to find a thread that had just a list of discontinued parts and a direct replacement for that part, but couldn't find one.

blacksambo
07/09/2013, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear this but at some point styling parts have to disappear, I guess. I'd suppose those were low inventory items and no plans to make any more. (However ,that antenna is not unique to the VX, but I'd guess the base is.)

blacksambo
07/09/2013, 08:19 PM
Jeepers, it's been ten plus years now!

Marlin
07/10/2013, 03:20 AM
I would not sweat the antenna thing, you should be able to find something else that will work reasonably well as the newer cars all have stubby antennas now anyway. I looked at the one on my Fusion, it is very similar, just drill a hole in the top and thread an insert for the antenna, or better yet, get rid of the antenna all together and go stubby!!

evillecutter
07/10/2013, 07:37 AM
according to isuzu usa they sold their rights to all their parts to general motors around 2007 - any parts that are left over isuzu can sell but once they are out thats it they cannot legally make any more - whats worse is that many of the unique parts for our vehicle will not be reproduced at all because there was no money in them for gm to do so - in other words once they are gone, they are gone... unless an aftermarket company steps in

blacksambo
07/10/2013, 03:12 PM
according to isuzu usa they sold their rights to all their parts to general motors around 2007 - any parts that are left over isuzu can sell but once they are out thats it they cannot legally make any more - whats worse is that many of the unique parts for our vehicle will not be reproduced at all because there was no money in them for gm to do so - in other words once they are gone, they are gone... unless an aftermarket company steps in

I don't think this is the case based on my conversations with Merlin. Isuzu does make parts available when necessary from Japan. Case in point being, muffler requests that are built to order.

evillecutter
07/11/2013, 06:06 AM
i hope that you are right and the isuzu reps are wrong blacksambo

blacksambo
07/11/2013, 09:56 PM
i hope that you are right and the isuzu reps are wrong blacksambo

Don't take my word for it ask Merlin.