PDA

View Full Version : High Res VehiCross Logo Needed (or vector graphic)

tysamigo
06/27/2013, 06:27 AM
One of the projects I'm working on is the Illuminated Door Sills. Once I get the first set made, anyone else can get a set for the "regular price" (i'll be footing all the initial costs to make the first set).

I need to submit a high res image (or vector graphic) to them, to be etched out into the door sill. I'm looking for the VehiCross logo that is on the exterior pillars.

Where can I get this?

JAMAS
06/27/2013, 07:44 AM
I can probably make one up. When I get a little time.

If anyone else can jump in sooner, please do so.

tom4bren
06/27/2013, 08:18 AM
I had a company in Canada (they do SeaDoo graphics) print up some stickers from this image. Is it high res enough for you?

JAMAS
06/27/2013, 08:45 AM
I quickly made up a vector PDF based off the image that Tom uploaded.

Let me know if this will work.

Edit: Darn....its missing the dot of the "i"...

I will fix that shortly

tysamigo
06/27/2013, 09:55 AM
AWESOME, as soon as you fix the "i", I'll send it off and see what they say. I'll send both, but I think a vector is more preferable.

THANKS GUYS!!!! :jump:

jasonm621
06/27/2013, 10:22 AM
I'll send ya an image ive used for my projects tonight when i get home. Hopefully that helps as well...

JAMAS
06/27/2013, 11:56 AM
I have run out of time to make that change today. If Jason's stuff works, let me know. Otherwise I will fix it up tomorrow.

tysamigo
06/27/2013, 12:21 PM
I had a company in Canada (they do SeaDoo graphics) print up some stickers from this image. Is it high res enough for you?

I just got a reply from him, this one won't work :(

His response...
"Tyler, if your forum has a graphic artist or administrator, they will understand what we need. The image will be placed in our system for the laser to etch the glass and so it needs to be a high res image."

I sent a PM to Moncha a few days ago but haven't heard back. Is there a better way?

JAMAS
06/27/2013, 12:58 PM
Did you send him the one that I did?

if not, send him that and just ask if that file will work. It is vector and should work.

Dont have him process it, just send it as a test file.

tysamigo
06/27/2013, 04:23 PM
Did you send him the one that I did?

if not, send him that and just ask if that file will work. It is vector and should work.

Dont have him process it, just send it as a test file.

Not yet because I was waiting for the actual vector, but I'm going to send it right now and ask.

mdwyer
06/27/2013, 06:59 PM
I'll send ya an image ive used for my projects tonight when i get home. Hopefully that helps as well...

If nothing else works, I might be able to trace one with Inkscape... I searched through my library of vector art, and I don't actually have a VX logo anywhere. :(

jasonm621
06/27/2013, 07:08 PM
Here is my source for the "line art" and logos. There are some "watermarks" on the first page and you have to take screenshot resolution, but still far Better than any google/bing search results ive found... Enjoy!
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/24191ml.pdf

mdwyer
06/27/2013, 07:19 PM
Here is my source for the "line art" and logos. There are some "watermarks" on the first page and you have to take screenshot resolution, but still far Better than any google/bing search results ive found... Enjoy!
http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/24191ml.pdf

Direct links are blocked... I found it, though... I'm trying to trace it now.

Edit: I think I did pretty good! (http://duckrun.com/vx/vehicross.svg)

jasonm621
06/27/2013, 08:18 PM
Nice!!!!!!

etlsport
06/28/2013, 03:46 AM
I have the old file that was used to make the windshield banners. I'll send it over later today.

etlsport
06/28/2013, 01:03 PM
Here is the file that i have. One in .jpg format the other in .ai

tysamigo
06/29/2013, 12:12 PM
AWESOME!

OK, I sent him everything and he said they have what they need :) Now it's just a wait game.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!