PDA

View Full Version : Any South Coast owners?

David Wiltshire
06/27/2013, 01:30 AM
Just wondering if there are any owners in the Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, West Sussex area who fancy meeting up for a VX gathering.

Starglider
06/29/2013, 02:51 PM
I am on the south side of London, would be interested in a meet up if there are enough owners.

David Wiltshire
06/30/2013, 12:53 AM
That would be good, I had a Subaru SVX a few years back and we had a joint meet with the Pistonheads crew at Cosford Air Museum. It was the biggest gathering of SVX's ever in the U.K. with six cars turning up.
So I guess as these cars don't even get a figure in 'how many left' it probably wouldn't be a large gathering.
How long have you had yours? Any problems?

Starglider
06/30/2013, 04:58 AM
How long have you had yours? Any problems?

A month. The only issue so far is that the microswitch on the transfer box selector seems worn, so you have to pull back hard to make it go into 2WD mode, and it occasionally pops back into TOD mode on long drives. My Vehicross is LPG/Autogas converted, which seems to work well.

I need to get a tow bar fitted at some point, might eventually try adding a supercharger.

blinx
07/01/2013, 03:55 AM
Hi, I'm based near Swindon, Wiltshire. I have a black VX (originally silver) and have had the car a few months now. Would be interested in meeting more knowledgeable people about the VX as I wish to improve and make cosmetic and performance changes.

David Wiltshire
07/01/2013, 09:18 AM
If we can find a central location in which all of us are about an equal distance away from it would be worth the effort to travel to.