PDA

View Full Version : Marker Lights

Leah
11/04/2003, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry if this issue has already been addressed. I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. The driver's side marker light - the small one that sits above the headlight, is burned out and I don't know how to get to it or what bulb is required to replace it. Does anyone know?

TDAWG
11/05/2003, 12:05 AM
Hey Leah,
It's a 194 Blub and it right above the head light socket. just left the hood. when you see the regular socket just look above it and it's right there. Hope this helps.

peewog
11/05/2003, 05:46 AM
This is the light that sticks up like a wedge? If so I have the same situation.

Do they come in colors? the one that still works appears to be green.

Paula

Raque Thomas
11/05/2003, 06:14 AM
The light in the "horn" is a 194 from the factory - 3.8 watts. They do come in colors. If you want more light, you can put in a bulb that is made for Malibu outdoor lights (pick up at Home Depot or Lowe's), they come in various wattages and colors. I'm currently running an 11 watt amber bulb in my horns.

Dallas4u
11/05/2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Raque Thomas
The light in the "horn" is a 194 from the factory - 3.8 watts. They do come in colors. If you want more light, you can put in a bulb that is made for Malibu outdoor lights (pick up at Home Depot or Lowe's), they come in various wattages and colors. I'm currently running an 11 watt amber bulb in my horns.

Please, watch your wattage! I put in some higher wattage bulbs (I think something outrageous, like 18w) and it started melting the bulb housing (within minutes)!

Raque Thomas
11/05/2003, 09:22 AM
The 11's have been in there about a month, no problems yet - but I'll keep an eye on them! :right:

Bantan
11/05/2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Please, watch your wattage! I put in some higher wattage bulbs (I think something outrageous, like 18w) and it started melting the bulb housing (within minutes)!
THey are usually referred to as horn lights.
I found that 194 LED wedge bulbs work best, very little heat plus they don't burn out.

Dallas4u
11/05/2003, 02:37 PM
I am happy with my 4 bulb LEDs. They emit the light almost completely straight through the tip of the bulb, but with four per "wedge", I think they look pretty damn good.

Leah
11/05/2003, 04:09 PM
Thank you for the help. Can I buy these bulbs at Wal-Mart? If not, where can I get them?

Dallas4u
11/06/2003, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure about Wal-Mart. I bought mine off of Ebay, but I have seen the 2 LED bulbs at AutoZone. If you wanted to purchase off the web, I'm sure you'd have MANY more choices.

Moncha
11/06/2003, 09:16 AM
Leah, If you're looking for the 194 bulbs, yes you can buy them at wally world but, I doubt if they have any other colors than amber or clear. The Auto Zones and Pep Boys carry other colors also. For the other types of bulbs that the guys are talking about take their advice or do a web search.

Leah
11/06/2003, 08:53 PM
Thank you very much. I just want to stick to the original clear.

Moncha
11/07/2003, 05:05 PM
The ones that are original to the VX actually have a pretty ugly light yellow color to them. Can't even say that it's amber even. If you get the amber colored bulbs that are made, they will be a darker more rich color of amber. I have a set of the original bulbs if you want to email or PM me with your mailing info I could send them to you..

Apostle
11/07/2003, 07:07 PM
i still got the orig's in mine. yup, pretty ugly glow comming from them

Leah
11/16/2003, 04:02 PM
So as it turns out, it seems the previous owner went PIAA all the way around and replaced every light in the truck. The horn lights are blue! I have no idea where to get replacement bulbs for them or for the PIAA fog lights which are H3 85w 12v. The lens is clear on those. Does anyone have a favorite online store for buying PIAAs?

Joe_Black
11/17/2003, 01:21 PM
Try www.autobarn.com as they have pretty good selection and prices on PIAA stuff. Plus, if you spend over a certain amount you get free shipping. Good excuse to get that K&N Filtercharger and maybe a tow strap and other goodies... hint hint. ;Do;

On the horn-lights, I got my 4-LED 194's (green) from eBay almost a year ago and they're still working great. Just do a search on ebay for "194 4 LED" and follow the feedback. Hard to beat for about $10 a pair on average.