PDA

View Full Version : Yeah..... Soooo Mother Nature doesn't like Canada either

ND92
06/22/2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.calgarysun.com/videos/2499097909001

More coverage in other parts of the news site and on globalcalgary.ca.
There has been 25 districts evacuated and the whole downtown is shut down and it's only going to get worse. I went on an exploring run tonight and it felt like a scene from the walking dead. No one around, no lights on and the streets are flooded.
I signed up for first aid volunteering but they brought in the military and extra police from Edmonton.
Hope to help with the clean up.

VX KAT
06/22/2013, 10:23 AM
:eek: WOW! Pics look bad! Heard more rain to come too!
Did you get your LCA etc all fixed already? :smack:
Be careful! :yes:

Gizmo42
06/22/2013, 01:16 PM
Send the rain here to put out some of these fires.

PK
06/22/2013, 05:40 PM
If you care to look further afield, there is over 600 killed and thousands missing in India.
Caused by monsoon floods.

PK

ND92
06/23/2013, 12:53 AM
:eek: WOW! Pics look bad! Heard more rain to come too!
Did you get your LCA etc all fixed already? :smack:
Be careful! :yes:

Yeah it's not too bad but for a city that hasn't had a flood of this size before its scary. They are scared that a damn holding lake minnewanka will break soon and completely destroy the town of Canmore and half of Calgary. The lake is
18 miles long and 466 feet deep, that's a lot of water.
Haven't had the time to fix anything yet. Got a quote for a new exhaust from the headers back so I might get it fixed this week.

Send the rain here to put out some of these fires.
Gladly Giz

If you care to look further afield, there is over 600 killed and thousands missing in India.
Caused by monsoon floods.

PK

Got to worry about my home and city first before I worry about anything else. Thanks for the heads up though.