PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Help

H3_VX
06/18/2013, 05:25 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find a muffler and tail pipe for cheaper than oem. I'm not paying like $800 for those parts if I don't have to. Thanks

tom4bren
06/19/2013, 03:57 AM
This has been discussed several times in the past year or so. I believe the consensus is that you should find a reputable Mom & Pop shop in your area that will think outside the box. Most of the chain stores will want to put on OEC or equivalent.

I offered my VX to Borla to see if they would offer a bolt on cat back system. They politely refused since the market wouldn't be large enough.

Beavertractors
06/19/2013, 04:51 AM
I had mine done last week here in NY..Northeast Muffler in Millerton NY..$325..flowmaster #40.new tailpipe.Repaired flex thingy..even welded old tip back on..You should go to a local cruise night or car show and ask around for local custom exhaust guys...TonyB

VX crazy
06/19/2013, 05:20 AM
I can check, I saved my original factory muffler, swapped to the PV when truck was brand new, also think I have tail pipe still on other VX.....no rust here in texas....but if your interested let me know. I know for sure I have the PV that I swapped out a couple years ago but I think its still good. I have to check....cant want to have that other truck gone and KNOW I only have an engine and tranny spare!

evillecutter
06/19/2013, 06:01 AM
i got a generic turbo muffler and had it installed for less than $100

Gizmo42
06/19/2013, 10:22 AM
Mieneke charged me around $500 to install the Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler that I supplied but that also included custom mandral bending everything after the muffler. I destroyed the original tail pipe. I like the 50 series SUV because it gives some sound but its not loud.