PDA

View Full Version : Buying my old Vehi-cross back

David Wiltshire
06/08/2013, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone,
Many many years ago I used to post here on this very helpful forum. I had to sell my blue VX because I had a very large tax bill to pay. So I had to sell the VX to help pay for it but as fate would have it it's been advertised again so I'm in the process of buying it back. I plan to get the whole car airbrushed as a futuristic urban assault vehicle like the one you may have seen pictures of. It will be like meeting a long lost friend again.

EVO
06/08/2013, 01:01 PM
Wow!! That's just karma!! She's coming back to someone that really appreciates her!! Good Luck!

Vendetta
06/08/2013, 02:56 PM
Awesome, love it. Hope it cost you a lot less than this guy (http://www.papajohns.com/about/pj_camaro.shtm) spent to get his love back.

-V

tysamigo
06/08/2013, 05:45 PM
awwwwww.....

A post like this is rare, but when I see one... It hits home to me...

It makes me happy because I can't imagine how it felt to part ways with your VX to begin with, but I know that as soon as you sit in and drive away, you will again breathe

I have such a love for the VX that it will NEVER and yes I mean N E V E R go anywhere else until I die and pass her down in the family.

I would give up my 103" HD 3D TV, the xboxes, the high tech audio systems, hell I would give up literally almost anything in my home (except for my dog my best friend)...if it came down to it, my dog, my VX and I would live on the streets lol

Post pics David...

Welcome home :yesb:

David Wiltshire
06/09/2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll post up pictures once the car has been air-brushed

89Vette
06/09/2013, 09:52 AM
Cool! Great story and result. There have been a few air-brushed specimens...I'm thinking more in Russia? Which design are you shooting for?

tomdietrying
06/09/2013, 11:29 AM
Nice to hear! Soooooooooo, how many miles and years has it been?
Peace.
Tom

David Wiltshire
06/09/2013, 01:32 PM
Cool! Great story and result. There have been a few air-brushed specimens...I'm thinking more in Russia? Which design are you shooting for?

I think the one that inspired me was possibly Russian it looks to have panels riveted together and rocket launchers.
I might be going a little bit further but don't want to ruin the car as they are wacky enough standard.

The last time I got parts from a very helpful place StCharles Isuszu are they still a good place for parts/

H3_VX
06/09/2013, 05:03 PM
I think the one that inspired me was possibly Russian it looks to have panels riveted together and rocket launchers.
I might be going a little bit further but don't want to ruin the car as they are wacky enough standard.

The last time I got parts from a very helpful place StCharles Isuszu are they still a good place for parts/

the concensus is yes on st charles

David Wiltshire
06/10/2013, 01:14 AM
Nice to hear! Soooooooooo, how many miles and years has it been?
Peace.
Tom
Hi Tom,
I had it 2003 with only 13K miles on it, in those days in the U.K. a company called International Motors dealt with Isuzu and I had a real battle with them as they refused to recognise it in the U.K. and they went out of their way to be awkward and unhelpful, this made me more determined to run it so I took off all of the Isuzu badges and had some really nice Lunar Rover badges made so I told everyone who asked that it was a Lunar Rover.
It's only done 50K miles to date because the last owner works abroad and he has sent me the details of the MOT number so I have been able to do a proper check on it's mileage history.
I hope to go up this week and get it.

David Wiltshire
06/18/2013, 01:16 PM
Picked it up today and have given it a good clean, looks just like the day I sold it. It's like having an old friend around again only showing 50000 miles which has been verified.

bartmanS4
06/18/2013, 02:08 PM
Looks sweet! Love the color.

gletom
06/18/2013, 05:53 PM
It was better off the way it was.G.I.Joe likes it!

David Wiltshire
06/19/2013, 12:39 PM
I expect this belongs in the technical questions but it seems the heater/air-con system seems to run flat out. trying to get any adjustment in the speed has no results I've taken the dash apart but the unit Zexel 897100 1960 5037221202 76924 is sealed and I'm inclined not to pull it apart any suggestions