PDA

View Full Version : Farewell!

sgtbilko
11/04/2003, 03:01 AM
Alas My time with my trustee silver machine came to an end yesterday. The time we spent together will always remind me that not all cars are equal!

No doubt I'll be checking in from time to time. For now though I've still got my mini-v to remind me! (see gallery)
Finally, a big thank you to everyone who has helped and advised me over the past 12 months.

David Wiltshire
11/04/2003, 06:55 AM
Hi sgtbilko,
I know of two VX's for sale in the U.K. so you still have the option of being a VX owner.
Best regards
David Wiltshire

David Wiltshire
11/04/2003, 06:58 AM
Sorry I confused you with a member leaving the U.S. and coming to the U.K. or Ireland.

Moncha
11/04/2003, 04:47 PM
Sarge!!
I'm sorry to hear that you'll only be able to dream about driving the VX any longer but and happy to see that you will still be hanging around...

Keep in touch!!

colmhd
11/04/2003, 10:32 PM
That's me I think you were confused about.
I decided to take my VX back and learn to squint around corners. Not the first time I've taken a LHD back. Last time it was a Range Rover. This time it's somethig better!
Do you just How many VX's there are in RHD land?? Love to know.
I'm also trying to find out about lens or light conversions.
Don't want to go aroud blinding the locals in the winter nights.

David Wiltshire
11/05/2003, 02:09 AM
Hi Colmhd,
As far as I can tell there are about 8-15 VX's in the U.K. You will probably find you have the only VX in Ireland, but having said that the vast majority of Japanese imports used to go through Ireland and I'm sure that at least one dealer/importer must have fell victim to the attraction of the VX. I could of course be wrong about the numbers in the U.K. but there are 4-5 members who use this board and I check the national motor trading publications online and have established that there are at least 3 for sale time to time but not on a regular basis.
With regards to your headlight settings many years ago a friend of mine with a Mercedes bought from the dealer some little blanking stickers which went on the lens to block it dipping the wrong side when over in France (you probably know the French drive on the same side as the U.S. ) and I just wonder if you might be able to do the same. The lights on the Japanese spec vehicles are not sealed beam and as they drive on the same side as us there is not a problem. The only other thing I can suggest when you are in Ireland is to try somewhere like a local car accessory shop or if desperate Halfords and they may be able to find a compatable sealed beam unit that will fit.
Best regards
David Wiltshire.