PDA

View Full Version : JET Chip

whitebreadx
06/04/2013, 10:23 AM
I know the VX has a 3.5 but would this chip maybe by chance work?

https://www.independent4x.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=686

Vendetta
06/04/2013, 10:31 AM
I've heard way too much skepticism from way too many people who are way more informed about these things than I am, and would never consider going this route. Especially on our ECUs, which, unless I'm mistaken, have never been successfully reprogrammed.
-V

clipper 03 rodeo
06/04/2013, 11:22 AM
Don't waste your money, there are nothing but bad reviews on these and have been known as the $300 sticker they put inside of your ECU. There are also no legit before/after dyno's back to back to prove these do anything, you can't trust graphs on most sites because they are always going to claim their product makes power.

Save your cash and get a nice intake/exhaust system, and if you're serious about tuning get yourself an AEM FIC piggyback system and have it dyno tuned. I'm sure with an exhaust/intake/tune you could get some noticeable power out of your VX.

ABDragonVX
06/04/2013, 11:42 AM
Garbage.....that is all :D

ALC1717
06/04/2013, 01:10 PM
I Installed A Chip Last Year In My 2001 VX And I Had To Remove It Because It Would Not Pass NY State Inspection ! Did Not Improve MPG or Horse Power.

blacksambo
06/04/2013, 01:31 PM
No body, but nobody has ever improved on the hp/mpg on a stock VX motor. Plenty of people have tried but when dyno checked ...bupkis. Isuzu had the motor dialed in right from the start.

Vendetta
06/04/2013, 01:47 PM
But isn't that because no one was ever able to decipher the ECU programming? I have a hard time believing that there is zero room for improvement in a setup that must come somewhat detuned to accommodate the broad spectrum of temps (Alaska to Arizona) and fuel quality (87 to 94+).

What of these AEM FICs I've been seeing crop up more and more recently?

-V

Mile High VX
06/04/2013, 04:26 PM
Some good information here:

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-systems-9/fuel-ignition-controller-f-ic-12/

blacksambo
06/04/2013, 05:01 PM
Some good information here:

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-systems-9/fuel-ignition-controller-f-ic-12/

Now somebody with confidence pony up the $500 to try it. What no takers? Things that sound too good to be true generally are and for the 6VE1 that's always been the case. It was maxed out from the start.

clipper 03 rodeo
06/04/2013, 06:55 PM
Leon R on here just bought an AEM FIC for his VX, it's just a universal piggyback ECU so it will work for our engines. The problem is finding a knowledgeable person to tune it correctly to our application especially if you end up boosting you rig.

Hopefully he will post up here, he's been posting on Bradzuzu's turbo build thread on the Planet so that's how I know he purchased one.

Also if someone is seriously considering doing this on their naturally aspirated VX then they should definitely re-do their exhaust and intake prior to get the best results, and so you don't need another tune when you add that stuff.

blacksambo
06/04/2013, 07:34 PM
Leon R on here just bought an AEM FIC for his VX, it's just a universal piggyback ECU so it will work for our engines. The problem is finding a knowledgeable person to tune it correctly to our application especially if you end up boosting you rig.

Hopefully he will post up here, he's been posting on Bradzuzu's turbo build thread on the Planet so that's how I know he purchased one.

Also if someone is seriously considering doing this on their naturally aspirated VX then they should definitely re-do their exhaust and intake prior to get the best results, and so you don't need another tune when you add that stuff.

We're eagerly awaiting the results...from the dyno, that is.

blacksambo
06/04/2013, 08:09 PM

We're eagerly awaiting the results...from the dyno, that is. No intake or exhaust mods please (no longer stock).

44ficus44
06/04/2013, 11:00 PM
I put one on my Z3. and same as some or most.. nothing happened. or nothing that I could notice