PDA

View Full Version : wipe new really works!

heavy d
05/29/2013, 11:23 AM
I just purchased this stuff. . And it makes our cladding on our vx look amazing@!

Otto
05/29/2013, 11:57 AM
I seen it for sale in Walmart last week for $19,95

ND92
05/29/2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah now only if they didn't charge an arm and a leg for a product that you can buy anywhere for less. Plus the customer service is abismal.

44ficus44
05/29/2013, 12:01 PM
it doesn't leave it all oily?

eternal21
05/29/2013, 12:47 PM
Pics, please? I don't mean anything by it, but you're new here, and both your posts are extolling this stuff, after we've had members that said it's crappy.

UWVX89
05/29/2013, 02:08 PM
Yes, I want to see proof and how well it holds up to weathering.
Pics, please? I don't mean anything by it, but you're new here, and both your posts are extolling this stuff, after we've had members that said it's crappy.

Vendetta
05/29/2013, 02:37 PM
I wanna see proof this spammer owns a VX.

Google for wipe new scam before you buy anything from them.

-V

eternal21
05/29/2013, 02:39 PM
I wanna see proof this spammer owns a VX.
-V

I guess next time I don't have to be polite about it *lol*

Vendetta
05/30/2013, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I don't have a lot of tolerance for interlopers peddling their snake oil to a community of people whom I consider friends, on a site that I pay to support.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5397/vsig.png

Hcloud13
05/30/2013, 04:29 AM
Stuff is CRAP! I put it on my VX then spent about 700$ on 100 car washes back to back just as advertised in the commercial.

The owner of the shop was thrilled!

Took the paint RIGHT OFF the VX!!?? and the Blue tape was riped off after ONE car wash -_- So I'm out 719.99$ I feel cheated O.o

tom4bren
05/30/2013, 04:46 AM
Stuff is CRAP! I put it on my VX then spent about 700$ on 100 car washes back to back just as advertised in the commercial.

The owner of the shop was thrilled!

Took the paint RIGHT OFF the VX!!?? and the Blue tape was riped off after ONE car wash -_- So I'm out 719.99$ I feel cheated O.o

ROFL

There's just sumpn not right about you son!!!:)

Funny part is that I used to gripe so much about that commercial (the blue tape part holding up to 100+ car washes) that Wifey started changing the channel every time it came on.

fotomaker
05/30/2013, 06:26 AM
I had my VX professionally detailed before winter set in last year. They used Wipe New on the cladding with wonderful results. She went through the winter and was rarely in a garage... And today STILL looks good. If you do it right... IT WORKS!

Hcloud13
05/30/2013, 06:48 AM
Crazy thing is...after TONS of threads started on this damn product. not ONE PIC!..crazy.
does anyone have a pic to show how it came out?

VX KAT
05/30/2013, 08:05 AM
Crazy thing is...after TONS of threads started on this damn product. not ONE PIC!..crazy.

x1000!
We'd all be thrilled to find a product that worked well on our cladding and was long lasting…but w/o pics, how can we even decide if it's for us?

heavy d
05/30/2013, 08:22 AM
Why would anyone take pics ...cladding looks good when its wet.once it dries it gives a faded look..suit yourselves..I think its awesome stuff..and I am a vx owner..haven't had time to post pics

Hcloud13
05/30/2013, 08:27 AM
Why would anyone take pics ...cladding looks good when its wet.once it dries it gives a faded look..suit yourselves..I think its awesome stuff..and I am a vx owner..haven't had time to post pics

I've seen better PR trolls for Michael Jackson's "Sleep over sing a long" album.

heavy d
05/30/2013, 08:29 AM
Man.. thought people would be a little more friendly. ..why would I join a site dedicated to vx and not own one? Just doing some friendly conversation...this product did work for me..trust ne I was skeptical too

heavy d
05/30/2013, 08:33 AM
Why would I join a site dedicated to the vx and not own one? Really?

heavy d
05/30/2013, 08:35 AM
Suit yourselves..iv think its awesome. .. and it says right on the directions.. do not get on paint.. I guess u can't fix stupid

VXorado
05/30/2013, 08:59 AM
Why would I join a site dedicated to the vx and not own one? Really?

You're not off to a good start in our community. Most "VX owners" joining a new site would opt to introduce themselves here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=35) first. Instead you went right into starting a new thread with little information other than, "I'm a new member, trust me blindly." :rolleyes:

Please introduce yourself & post some pics.

Wonder why we're skeptical? Check out this thread...
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23896&highlight=wipe

Hcloud13
05/30/2013, 09:00 AM
derp

heavy d
05/30/2013, 09:03 AM
I'm not saying trust me. . Do Wat u want. .I have had good results wIth this product. . Thought I will let ppl know. .ok my name is derek..live in Washington. .I hsve an 01 proton.. had it since August of last year

tom4bren
05/30/2013, 09:04 AM
heavy,

Sorry that we attacked you personally. We're glad that you are a VX enthusiast like us & welcome you to the family.

The attack was actually against spammers in general. Since you had so few posts & didn't check back into your thread, it threw up all of the red flags that scream "SPAM".

Glad the WipeNew worked for you but unfortunately other members have had a bad experience with it.

"... and it says right on the directions.. do not get on paint.. I guess u can't fix stupid"

That's the part that scares me. I'm a messy detailer. I'll just keep on using Back 2 Black since I can schlep that stuff everywhere & it won't hurt paint. Thanks for your input though.

heavy d
05/30/2013, 09:11 AM
I understand and I see where u all are coming from

Hcloud13
05/30/2013, 09:34 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/radiohead-fry-squinty-eyes_zps6f8c32c9.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/radiohead-fry-squinty-eyes_zps6f8c32c9.jpg.html)

whitebreadx
05/30/2013, 12:21 PM
If you guys want to see how its holding up after 1 year, you can got to my Gallery and see my pics,

heavy d
05/30/2013, 12:56 PM
Looks grest whitebread! Are those oem rims?

Vendetta
05/30/2013, 04:14 PM
Man.. thought people would be a little more friendly. ..why would I join a site dedicated to vx and not own one? Just doing some friendly conversation...this product did work for me..trust ne I was skeptical too

Guy,

You won't find a nicer, more welcoming online community of owners than we are - period.

You just have to work on your approach is all. I've read your post where you say you understand how you came across, and am glad you are able to see that now.

If it's your enthusiasm to contribute that got the better of you, then definitely try to channel it in ways that will be appreciated and not come off as spammy. For example, sharing your own experiences with the VX, like how long you've had it, where you've been, what you want to do with it, what you regret and so forth would go a long way to not just contributing but also helping us to get to know you better.

And leave the advertising to the paid pitchmen.

See you around,
-V

eternal21
05/30/2013, 05:34 PM
Just an FYI....calling the sole group of people that can help you get parts, provide input on and products for your vehicle "stupid" would not bode well for your future here. Might want to check the 'tude at the door, my man.

Other than that, welcome aboard :)

VX KAT
05/30/2013, 06:32 PM
Just an FYI....calling the sole group of people that can help you get parts, provide input on and products for your vehicle "stupid" would not bode well for your future here. Might want to check the 'tude at the door, my man.

Other than that, welcome aboard :)

gee, kinda reminds me of "leonml" :rollo:

What's the last 4 digits of your VIN? Most of us put that in our profile as it helps keep track of specific trucks, and someone here may well have some past info on your truck.

VX KAT
05/30/2013, 06:42 PM
Why would anyone take pics ...

Man, that's the strangest comment yet.
You haven't looked through ANYBODY's gallery have you?
Nor does it appear you've used the "search" function at all, otherwise you'd know the answers to every question you've asked on this forum so far.

Are those OEM rims?….really?

heavy d
05/30/2013, 08:00 PM
You ppl are full of yourselves..just bcuz I make a comment about how wipe new worked for me..u jump down my throat..sorry if u ppl are to stupid to use the product.your fault not mine..do ****** sorry I didn't use search function..what a bunch of ********

Hcloud13
05/31/2013, 05:00 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/GTFO-Angry-Asian_zps20c6ca22.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/GTFO-Angry-Asian_zps20c6ca22.jpg.html)

JAMAS
05/31/2013, 06:05 AM
Sooo....I have to side with Heavy D here...

After his initial reaction and our re-reaction, he quickly apologized and began posting in occordance with how you would expect someone to act on a vehicross forum.

Read through the list of all posts made by Heavy D. Start from the bottom and read up. You can read exactly what happened. He posted about wipe new, we took it as spam and reacted to a spammer, he reacted to us reacting to him, then after an explanation, he applogized and saw where we were coming from, then after he got bombarded with more negative comments, he went back on the defensive.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/search.php?searchid=538115

I believe people have reacted to his early comments after he has already "turned himself arround"

To be honest I was impressed by his immediate humility.

He is now back on the defense because you can only be pushed down and get back up so many times before you fight back.

VX Kat, I have to politely disagree. I dont think he is ANYTHING like leonml.

Welcome Heavy D. Like a family get together that starts in fisticuffs and ends in beer drinking.....this too will pass. Stick with us.

nocturnalVX
05/31/2013, 06:28 AM
To be honest I was impressed by his immediate humility.

Welcome Heavy D. Like a family get together that starts in fisticuffs and ends in beer drinking.....this too will pass. Stick with us.

Welcome Heavy D. There are very cool people on this very informative forum, and you will find that VehiCROSS.info is a great meeting place for fans of the VX. That said... WHATEVER you do, DO NOT ask what color the hood insert is!

:disturbed

:_beer:

heavy d
05/31/2013, 06:44 AM
Thank you for the welcoming...glad to see there are decent ppl in here

Moncha
05/31/2013, 07:05 AM
It takes a lot for someone to make through the spam check... I get several mails a week about how someone is getting picked off by the system. Usually, just a better user name choice solves the problem.. heavy d doesn't qualify by the standards as a spammer. That said....

heady d, welcome to the site, I'm sorry things got off to a rough start but, this is a very protective family that you just joined and especially with a male dominated population, feathers can get ruffled pretty easily.. I'm sure you will find a mass of good info as well as good folks. Your introduction was a little trolly, but I digress and apologize for the reactions

Again, welcome!!

Scott

Y33TREKker
05/31/2013, 08:01 AM
Thank you for the welcoming...glad to see there are decent ppl in here
Opinion/information has definitely varied here regarding the Wipe New product. Glad to hear some have had good results with it though since I too am always on the lookout for a cladding product that provides longer lasting results than what I use now.

You're initial welcome obviously left something to be desired, but that kind of thing is possible on any message board, especially on automotive related sites that are usually populated mostly by males who are more prone to exhibiting territorial behavior. :bwgy:

The good news is that now that you've seen the bad attitude that this particular site has to offer, there's just about nowhere to go but in a more positive direction. Welcome to the site, and don't allow the initial responses you received to make you hesitate to keep offering those new VX product evaluations.

whitebreadx
05/31/2013, 08:17 AM
Looks grest whitebread! Are those oem rims?
No they are not but I plastidipped them lol

FlyingV77
05/31/2013, 11:26 AM
wow and i thought i got off to a bad start :o

BigSwede
05/31/2013, 02:04 PM
there's just about nowhere to go but in a more positive direction.

Lol, guess not. :bomb:

Hcloud13
05/31/2013, 02:18 PM
Ok guys & Gals
I decided to take one for the team!

I just got my VX back from the shop"Hood & roof needed to be REsprayed as the clear coat was coming off"
But while at the body shop they cleaned it! and the cladding is a nice pasty white & Parched.

So I got some of the fabled Whipe New at Walmart.

I will be taking a Video in HD of the entire process and pics of before and after on sunday.

Lets bring the "Whipe New" beast to an end lol.

pRoToN vXeR
05/31/2013, 03:04 PM
Thank you

Vendetta
05/31/2013, 03:18 PM
Ok guys & Gals
I decided to take one for the team!

I just got my VX back from the shop"Hood & roof needed to be REsprayed as the clear coat was coming off"
But while at the body shop they cleaned it! and the cladding is a nice pasty white & Parched.

So I got some of the fabled Whipe New at Walmart.

I will be taking a Video in HD of the entire process and pics of before and after on sunday.

Lets bring the "Whipe New" beast to an end lol.

Oh man... why use it on an actual rig? If it's nice and raw and dry, it's perfect for Showroom New - a tried and proven solution used by many here.

There's so much busted cladding out there. Why not test Wipe New on a weathered piece of that?

-V

pRoToN vXeR
05/31/2013, 03:22 PM
Keep an open mind..I truly was skeptical too..and it suprised me..it does not leave it oily either. .and water rolls right off it...now I'm not saying to belive me..just keep an ooen mind

hankstrange
06/01/2013, 06:04 AM
why not read the customer reviews on Amazon as a start???

http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-New-WN6PCMSTRRT-Trim-Restorer/product-reviews/B00AYXM4DY/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Y33TREKker
06/01/2013, 09:30 AM
Lol, guess not. :bomb:
Benefit of the doubt obviously only goes so far sometimes...

Hcloud13
06/01/2013, 12:49 PM
why not read the customer reviews on Amazon as a start???

http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-New-WN6PCMSTRRT-Trim-Restorer/product-reviews/B00AYXM4DY/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

The reviews are all over the place lol.

I'm not expecting it to work better than what I use,I'm just getting real tired of thread after thread about this crap yet no real before and after.

A fue have tried it but I think I've only seen a couple pics from a distance.

I figure I'll bring it to an end.

Vendetta
06/01/2013, 01:18 PM
Hcloud, I applaud your efforts and resolve, all I'm saying is there are ways other than offering a live rig to go about ending the debate. There are plenty of wrecks out there with shattered cladding that have been baking in salvage yards for months and sometimes years. Most yards will let you take a destroyed segment for free. If Wipe New can restore the finish on such a piece, that'd go a long way to dispelling the apprehension here. And besides, using a piece like that would provide an opportunity to test multiple application techniques to determine which is best, without ending up with a calico finish on a beloved VX.

Because let's face it, the only reason to use this stuff - or anything else for that matter - is to dress up our rides. Meaning we care. And because we care, wouldn't it be best to make sure it does what we hope it does without potentially causing a problem, even if just cosmetic? Because if the stuff lasts as long as they say it does, any problem will have to be dealt with for just as long.

-V

fotomaker
06/02/2013, 05:43 AM

Photos of my VX taken just after detailing are now in my gallery!

VX KAT
06/02/2013, 08:25 AM
Photos of my VX taken just after detailing are now in my gallery!

Looks good! Can you give us some more details?

I recall the commercial said it lasts up to 2 years, know if it penetrates or forms a "coating"?

How did you apply it? Rag, sponge etc?

Any streaking?

One coat?

Is it shiny, matte, satin?
I know when I took my pics they sometimes didn't capture the finish right, plus it depended on if it was overcast or sunny out.

Is it tacky, oily or sticky at all? If so, does it go away after a while?

Attract dust any more, less?

Rub off on your hand/clothes after it's dry/cured/whatever?

Think it would crack or chip off if abraded?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF4962.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/DSCF4955.jpg

Hcloud13
06/02/2013, 10:43 AM
Here be my pics as well.

Result!? Total **** "in my opinion"

I followed the directions to a T.

It comes in a very small bottle,but it spreads well so you won't run out.
They give you microfiber rags to apply it.
it Smalls GOD awful,if you use it hold your breath or ware a mask lol.

At first it looks great! then after about 10min it lightens back up.
It has a satin finish,not high gloss or greesy. and when it dries there are streaks here and there.

So I washed the VX after and it came right off lol! 100 car washes my ***!

DO NOT waste your money!

I'm not suprised thou,it's kinda what I expected. I was kinda nervious about it "lasting 2 years" if I didn't like it...but one wash and it's off...realy! lol.

I'll see if I can return it to walmart lol.

I hope this brings an end to the Whipe new beast.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/001_zpsfa8e6333.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/001_zpsfa8e6333.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/004_zpsf8fccda7.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/004_zpsf8fccda7.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/003_zps3aa6a82e.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/003_zps3aa6a82e.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg130/Hcloud13/005_zps0b89c92c.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Hcloud13/media/005_zps0b89c92c.jpg.html)

VX KAT
06/02/2013, 11:35 AM
oh man that sux! I thought about asking if it washed off, but skipped it cuz of the 2 yr thing.

Try the ShowRoom New. 27 months and counting, haven't applied a thing to it, and hasn't changed whatsoever (well, except where the jerk scratched/scraped/dug into my cladding around the pass tail light guard). But I touched that up and it's fine now.

VXD959
06/02/2013, 11:57 AM
HCloud13 -

Just in case, while reading the Amazon reviews, most users that are satifisfied with the product state to "keep the product out of sun and avoid washing for at least 24 hrs."

Could this be an issue with your results since you wash the car right after? Could you please give it another try in a small cladding area before you return it?

Just wondering. (so I don't think this is over yet!!!)

Hcloud13
06/02/2013, 12:16 PM
HCloud13 -

Just in case, while reading the Amazon reviews, most users that are satifisfied with the product state to "keep the product out of sun and avoid washing for at least 24 hrs."

Could this be an issue with your results since you wash the car right after? Could you please give it another try in a small cladding area before you return it?

Just wondering. (so I don't think this is over yet!!!)

I did apply in the shade under a pop up tent and the VX was nice in cool. I took the tent down for the pics.
I didn't want to wate 24hrs,I washed it about 3hrs after I was done incase it would be permanent.
It looked like crap thou"To me it did" I put that stuff on like a surgeon and no matter what I still got streaks...
maby after 24hrs it will withstand a car wash and last 2 years..but I'm not willing to travel that far down the rabbit hole of Whipe new.

VXD959
06/02/2013, 02:41 PM
I'm asking because even posts related to Showrooom New in this site talk about streaking, applying 2-3 coats, waiting for some time to cure, etc.
It won't be fair if the same process is not applied to Wipe New. I don't think anyone in this site washed the car three hours after applying Showroom New.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19927&page=5&highlight=showroom

I'm not in favor of any products here, just want to make sure that the testing process is consistent / fair.

I'm waiting as the cladding issue is my next project!!! (I have to finish 2 bottles of Meguiar Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer first!! :o)

Hcloud13
06/02/2013, 05:19 PM
I'm asking because even posts related to Showrooom New in this site talk about streaking, applying 2-3 coats, waiting for some time to cure, etc.
It won't be fair if the same process is not applied to Wipe New. I don't think anyone in this site washed the car three hours after applying Showroom New.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19927&page=5&highlight=showroom

I'm not in favor of any products here, just want to make sure that the testing process is consistent / fair.

I'm waiting as the cladding issue is my next project!!! (I have to finish 2 bottles of Meguiar Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer first!! :o)

The bottle & instructions did say 3 coats...I did 4 and still got streaking. Nothing I did helped and after 3 hrs it did dry! even to the touch,maby not fully cured,but enough to see thats what it was going to look like even 24hrs later.

Now to be more in deph about the streaking,it was very hard to see.
Only at certin angles and shading could you see it,but it was there.I have OCD when it comes to car detail lol.

BUT!! this is all just my opinion.

fotomaker
06/03/2013, 06:11 AM
Looks good! Can you give us some more details?

I recall the commercial said it lasts up to 2 years, know if it penetrates or forms a "coating"?

How did you apply it? Rag, sponge etc?

Any streaking?

One coat?

Is it shiny, matte, satin?
I know when I took my pics they sometimes didn't capture the finish right, plus it depended on if it was overcast or sunny out.

Is it tacky, oily or sticky at all? If so, does it go away after a while?

Attract dust any more, less?

Rub off on your hand/clothes after it's dry/cured/whatever?

Think it would crack or chip off if abraded?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF4962.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/DSCF4955.jpg

As I stated... It was a professional detailer who did the work.
All I remember is that they said it was a lot of work... They did several coats and because it was raining the day they did it, I left it in their garage overnight at their insistence.
I picked it up the next day when the weather cleared and the roads were dry.

It seems following the instruction not to get it wet for 24 hours is crucial for good results.

Cladding looks MUCH better than it did and I have no complaints and none of the issues you ask about above. I will have it detailed again by the same guys 1-2 times a year whether she needs it or not.

Y33TREKker
06/03/2013, 09:31 AM
It seems that multiple coats and an evening out of the product being applied by going back over the areas with excess accumulation is just the nature of the beast when it comes to the cladding on a VX. I know I've tried a few different kinds of cladding products and it's always been the same anyway.

Regardless of what product it's been though, what's always worked best for me is using VERY light pressure on the applicator (sponge, micro-fiber cloth, etc) when going back over the cladding to even out the product excess.

djvx
06/05/2013, 11:01 PM
Just did up my cladding with Turtle wax wipes. It usually lasts 3 weeks. So weird the way the cladding reacts to water and restore solvents, it's like it soaks it in or something then dries weird, but then flattens and evens out nicely. Like painting a wall and waiting for paint to dry.

lopezji
06/06/2013, 06:18 AM
I also tried the wipe new product and it worked for me. Followed the instructions and made sure that it didnt rain. It looks alot better. I'm sure that it wont work for everyone but for the price(I paid 10 bucks on e bay). It was worth it.

VXD959
06/11/2013, 12:34 PM
I think I'm going to paint the cladding with Krylon Fusion paint. It seems to work on the Avalanche plastic cladding.....based on the below posts, a cheap but lasting alternative!

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,109172.msg1716354.html#msg1716354

gonzo7231
08/12/2013, 12:47 PM
I used the Wipe new and it looks great. I think the key is to thuroughly scrub the cladding before you put it on.
I only did 2 coats.
After the first coat dried it was streaked and blochy. I let it dry and re-read the instructions.
The second coat I followed the directions with extremely different results. Never go over the same spot twice and always move the treated cloth in one single direction.

I love the results but I will probably do one more coat since my cladding was almost white.

I'll post pics asap.

Gonzo

gonzo7231
08/13/2013, 10:23 AM
This is the pics I took when I used Wipe New.
Before -
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Before_Wipe-New.jpeg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=24063)

After -
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/After_Wipe-New-1.jpeg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=24061)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/After_Wipe-New-2.jpeg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=24062)

I'll give it a few more washes and show fading if it occurs.

Gonzo