PDA

View Full Version : plastic seatbelt clip dingus

angeno
05/11/2013, 11:01 AM
Hi All, still in the process of bringing my VX slowly back from the edge of destruction. Seems the little things are the most maddening. For instance, I have been trying to source a stupid little triangular plastic cover for the driver's side seat belt. You know the spot where the shoulder belt adheres to the b-pillar? I've been all over this site and others, but so far, no luck Chuck.

Last month's adventure was replacing the muffler. Finally found a great guy in Northern NJ who was able to custom bend pipe and find an aftermarket muffler to fit the space. So that's done. I love driving this thing but it can be deeply frustrating how hard it is to fix ostensibly simple things. <sigh>

Anyway, if someone has a line on where I might find a triangular plastic seatbelt clip dingus I will be eternally grateful.

:yesy:

jasonm621
05/11/2013, 12:50 PM
I can probably duplicate you that cover... Ive been pretty successful at reproducing the spare tire cover knobs and Yak Flap covers in several colors! Let me know if your interested in Repro parts! http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23517

angeno
05/11/2013, 08:22 PM
Hi there, thanks for the reply. If you think you can reproduce that part cost effectively, I would DEFINITELY be interested. What is your typical turnaround time for a thing like this?

:)

jasonm621
05/12/2013, 08:00 AM
looked in my car today, im assuming its the adjustable loop by your shoulder? It looks like the think could be 3 peices but i didnt want to take it apart. Post a pic of the condition i wanna see how it assembles before considering disassembling mine. Im guessing it will take about 1-2 weeks to do it nicely if i can do it. Casting thin peices presents a lot of challanges. Ive wanted to cast a set of roof rack rail covers with holes for the roof rack but no luck getting desired results. YET!

angeno
05/12/2013, 05:31 PM
Car getting one small thing fixed. When I get it back on Tuesday I'll take a couple photos to post.

:)

jasonm621
05/13/2013, 11:19 AM
Sweet let me know! Probably best to PM me...