PDA

View Full Version : we have arrived

rowhard
05/06/2013, 09:54 AM
Well, we finally made the move. Was going to be Vegas,.. but after thinking about it and Sandy doing the research, we decided to move to Sierra Vista, Arizona. Hummingbird capital of the U.S. Ten degrees cooler then Tuscon/Phoenix and warmer in the winter. It is simple beautiful here.

For what its worth. oil change of course before leaving. Decided to add one quart of Marvelous Mystery Oil to the crank case. Thinking maybe it would help the carbon issue/piston drain hole problem we have. Like everyone else, my VX would use a qt. every 1000 or so. 1600 odd miles and she didn't use one drop of oil. MPG was just under 21. I am pleased.

insert 2 cents;
with the engine failures that have been attribute to this piston drain hole problem, I wonder how many of them could of been caused by not burning top tier gas which is designed to prevent carbon build-up? Anyway, something to think about if you buy the cheap gas instead of top tier gas. Kind of like the Fram filter commercial awhile back. 'You can pay me now or pay me later'.

Today the search starts for dwellings that a retiree can afford that has a workshop and maybe start making skid plate's again.:tweed::yeso::yeso:

now all I have to do is figure out how to change my stats here

VX KAT
05/06/2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome! Welcome fellow Arizonians John & Sandy!
Will look forward to some PHX VX meet ups!

vt_maverick
05/06/2013, 12:08 PM
Good to hear John! Congrats on the move!

JAMAS
05/06/2013, 12:24 PM
Congrats on the move.

so am I to read correctly that "Marvelous Mystery Oil" helped to eliminate your oil issue?

gletom
05/06/2013, 12:45 PM
Well, we finally made the move. Was going to be Vegas,.. but after thinking about it and Sandy doing the research, we decided to move to Sierra Vista, Arizona. Hummingbird capital of the U.S. Ten degrees cooler then Tuscon/Phoenix and warmer in the winter. It is simple beautiful here.

For what its worth. oil change of course before leaving. Decided to add one quart of Marvelous Mystery Oil to the crank case. Thinking maybe it would help the carbon issue/piston drain hole problem we have. Like everyone else, my VX would use a qt. every 1000 or so. 1600 odd miles and she didn't use one drop of oil. MPG was just under 21. I am pleased.

insert 2 cents;
with the engine failures that have been attribute to this piston drain hole problem, I wonder how many of them could of been caused by not burning top tier gas which is designed to prevent carbon build-up? Anyway, something to think about if you buy the cheap gas instead of top tier gas. Kind of like the Fram filter commercial awhile back. 'You can pay me now or pay me later'.

Today the search starts for dwellings that a retiree can afford that has a workshop and maybe start making skid plate's again.:tweed::yeso::yeso:

now all I have to do is figure out how to change my stats here

I think Vegas is hot, but alive. Arizona is great if you want peace and hummingbirds. My mother lived there and the people thought the Vehicross was from Mars.

evillecutter
05/06/2013, 01:27 PM
Congrats on the move.

so am I to read correctly that "Marvelous Mystery Oil" helped to eliminate your oil issue?

didnt help mine - even tried twice

JAMAS
05/06/2013, 01:31 PM
didnt help mine - even tried twice

Thanks. I have been debating about doing some sort of engine cleaner. Been leaning towards one of the BG products though.

Sorry for the thread jacking.

EVO
05/06/2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, you do have a point there on running top tier gas, it contains more detergents in them. I run Chevron Techtrolene additive to my Costco gas fill ups and it seems to help her run a little smoother! Its probably just a poor man's injector cleaner or just my imagination!! LOL!

rowhard
06/04/2013, 02:20 AM
Like everyone else, my VX would use a qt. every 1000 or so. 1600 odd miles and she didn't use one drop of oil.

Just a update. After 3 odd thousand miles, was 1/2 a qt down. WILL do the mystery oil fix again and again:yesy:

how do I change where I live in the top right corner?

JAMAS
06/04/2013, 04:46 AM
how do I change where I live in the top right corner?

Quick links (top navigation bar) --> Edit profile

Triathlete
06/04/2013, 09:02 AM
Glad you made it down safe and sound!
I may be down that way to race at Ft Huachuca soon. Maybe we can meet up?

rowhard
06/04/2013, 01:59 PM
always available. When is the race so we don't forget?

Triathlete
06/04/2013, 03:56 PM
always available. When is the race so we don't forget?

Saturday June 22nd

tysamigo
06/04/2013, 04:18 PM
sooo... i have seen over and over again where people talk about their VX "uses oil" and that "oil has to be added every so often"... I have never had that problem. I check constantly, but have never (and im serious) have had to add oil other than a basic oil change...

I'm confused... what is this all about anyway where people's vx uses oil???

Just wonderin

Triathlete
06/04/2013, 05:34 PM
Ty...a few of us are lucky enough to not have the oil issues ;)

44ficus44
06/04/2013, 11:08 PM
good on you. AZs awesome. im in san diego for now but nothing can take me away from being a desert rat hehe

rowhard
06/05/2013, 08:36 AM
I check constantly, but have never (and im serious) have had to add oil other than a basic oil change...

didn't you do a engine change a few years back? was it a new motor? if new, maybe you have one with the corrected piston oil drain problem