PDA

View Full Version : New Mod

TDAWG
11/02/2003, 12:22 PM
Well Today being such a nice day or atleast it started out that way. I decided to do a mod I've been thinking about for awhile. I decided to take my dash off and open up the clear part in front of the gauges to see if I can some how make it look nicer. I had some vinyl printed in carbon fiber. I slowly opened it making sure not to break it. after I opened I laid down the vinyl on top of it then cut out all the holes for the guages with a razor blade here's the pics of what my dash looks like now. I also noticed it matches the dash kit real good considering.

TDAWG
11/02/2003, 12:24 PM
Here's a better pic of how it looks.

lenny
11/02/2003, 12:26 PM
yes like it

want to do mine?

Tone
11/02/2003, 12:50 PM
When are you going to offer these to the rest of us? Looks great!!@!

TDAWG
11/02/2003, 01:18 PM
Hey Tone what are you crazy. I would love to be able to offer it but it took me 4 hrs just to carefully remove the plastic without breaking it. Hopefully once I get my digtal camera and another dash from Isuzu I'll post up exactly how I did. For those people who don't want to try it I might trade the 1 done for theirs. I'm trying to finish up some calenders for a couple of businesses, then I'll really be able to do more mods. Like adding mirrors to under the hood and some other crazy things I'm thinking about. And I'm stilling working with my friends shop trying to get those metal floor mats done. He's going crazy trying to get the small hump on the passenger side floor perfect. Once those small things are done. I'm gonna try to offer somethings for us.

autox-racer
11/02/2003, 01:47 PM
That does look sharp. Is the clear glued on?

I also had a nice day … far as Detroit weather goes… so I finally cut out my VX to replace my isuzu debadged grill. I cut it out of some thin titanium sheet hoping it wont dissolve in the winter salt/chemical slurry we drive on here. I still need to glue on but here is what it looks like in a dark garage.

VX logo grill (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2828)

TDAWG
11/02/2003, 03:16 PM
Nice mod:thumbup: I still have to put my Limited edtion emblem on the front damn I knew I forgot to do something else. Thanks for reminding me.;Dy; Oh well I guess tomorrows another day.;Dy;

Apostle
11/02/2003, 07:46 PM
looks pretty good

TDAWG
11/02/2003, 09:54 PM
Hey Spazz,
Yeah it is but like they say it's always the little things that are harder than they appear. Keep us updated on how it goes.

hchen
11/03/2003, 03:18 PM
tdawg

looks real good. hardwork pays off

Raque Thomas
11/03/2003, 05:14 PM
TDAWG - nice work, that is a quality installation. 4 hours, man you've got some patience!!!! I have a Trooper guage cluster coming so that I can try the boiling technique that was posted for the headlights. I have white face guages coming and thought about putting a chrome or brushed stainless bezel on - when I tried taking that clear cover off - it said NO WAY! I like your carbon fiber - how'd you get it to mold/form to the complex curves at the edges of the guages? Does it look as good up close as it looks in this pic? Thanks for being a pioneer!!

TDAWG
11/04/2003, 08:21 PM
Hey Raque Thomas,
To answer your questions:
"how'd you get it to mold/form to the complex curves at the edges of the guages?"
Since it's a vinyl sticker it's pretty easy to get it to form the angles and corners.
"Does it look as good up close as it looks in this pic?"
If you get really close you could see little emperfections but then again only VX family would get that close to see it.;Dy;