PDA

View Full Version : high beam, low beam

dutchie
11/02/2003, 06:16 AM
I had a weird experience two days ago, while I was driving, my light flipped to high beam, and even when I switched back it stayed in high beam but slightly different(less wide), and then I switched it back again and again but to no avail:mad: . so I stopped turned of the engine and repeated this like 4 times@and finally it went back to normal (low beam again)except when I hit a bump in the road, than the highbeam flashed for a second. The next day I drove whole day with my light on, but it didn`t repeat itself.

Got a call from the missus today, telling me that the same thing happend to her too:eek:
She said that the high beam turned on every time she hit a bump in the road....which is with the VX suspension almost every minute!

What`s going on, is my VX possesed? And why do I always have this sh1t?

WyrreJ
11/02/2003, 06:53 AM
I've noticed that hi-beam looks different if I hold the light stalk pulled back in preparation to switch to lo-beam (put in hi-beam, then pull stalk back past the 'click' and then hold it there). Maybe you have a loose relay that is getting kicked into this same mode when you bounce around a bit.

jbregar
11/03/2003, 04:19 PM
Most cars, when you hold the stalk back will light both the high and low beam elements in the bulb. this might be what he's experiencing.