PDA

View Full Version : Starter Woes

iyafyl
04/24/2013, 08:36 PM
I have seen several posts on checking on/replacing the starter by screwing with the exhaust. Is it possible to check on the starter wiring and/or replace the starter through the driver side wheel well? I'm getting the once click and nada syndrome and I have checked everything but the hard connections on the starter. Just wanted to ask before I get at it. :confused:

iyafyl
04/24/2013, 09:48 PM
Dang. This is one thing that stinks about living in the Alaska time zone....by the time you get home and can log in to ask a question, everybody is asleep.

Triathlete
04/24/2013, 10:14 PM
Don't have an answer about getting to and checking the starter. But, have you thoroughly checked your battery cables and terminals for corrosion? The corrosion.can travel down into the wire under the casing which will cause the symptoms you describe.

iyafyl
04/24/2013, 10:23 PM
yeah....I had to cut off about an inch of batter cable to get past the corrosion. I replaced the terminals and all of that checks out. I'm thinking I have either a bad starter or a loose wire on the starter that is intermittently connecting.

evillecutter
04/25/2013, 05:51 AM
make sure you order the starter using youf model # and not just order it for a vehicross or you will get the wrong one - mine said it was for an acura