PDA

View Full Version : Novice - where to buy wheel bearing hub assembly

reneesdesign
04/22/2013, 08:11 AM
I am having a difficult time trying to find a place local or online...to purchase the wheel bearing hub assembly...thanks to you for an answer...I'm stranded.

yellowgizmo99
04/22/2013, 08:27 AM
if looking for a used one a place in Washington state has them probably, call Thad at B&R Autowrecking, 5032852611, they have a couple and one is newer. I have got some parts from them and they are good to deal with. If looking for new call Merlin at 8007278066 and say you are from here and you get free shipping.

reneesdesign
04/22/2013, 09:12 AM
Is this normally such an expensive part...? thanks again, Renee

tom4bren
04/22/2013, 09:26 AM
I've been told that the ones you get from Isuzu are very high quality bearings and that if you buy Cheapo Knock-Offs that you may get very low quality steel bearings. That's just what I've heard ... I can't validate that.

What I can tell you from experience is that when I ordered some Cheapo Knock-Offs, I only got the caged bearings & no inner or outer races. I never used them since I'd never replace the bearings without the races. Unfortunately the advertisements never give you enough detail to determine if you are getting a complete set of bearings.

reneesdesign
04/22/2013, 08:04 PM
Perhaps we won't have to go down this road again...it's been quite a journey!...thanks for your help.