PDA

View Full Version : VX Inferiority Complex?

blacksambo
04/16/2013, 12:53 PM
Many of you have expressed exasperation at the recent news stories (Yahoo Autos) proclaiming the VX to be one of the ugliest cars of all time. (We all know that's not even close to being true. Right?) For those of you who still have any doubts please read the following from Edmunds Senior Editor Mr. Jordan:

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/juke/2011/long-term-road-test/2011-nissan-juke-the-vehicross-connection.html

Remember the VX was also Japan Car of the Year 97/98. ( Idon't think they give that award to ugly ducklings.)

Scott Harness
04/16/2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks! good article:yesb:

RickOKC
04/16/2013, 05:39 PM
Ahhh, It never bothers me when I read negative press about the VX. I bought mine because it pleases ME and couldn't care less if somebody else doesn't like it. ;)

THANK YOU! for posting a link to this article. It was mentioned a while back but I could never find it. For some reason Googling "Michael Jordan Editor Edmunds Vehicross" only produced topics about something called "basketball." :_confused

blacksambo
04/16/2013, 09:05 PM
Ahhh, It never bothers me when I read negative press about the VX. I bought mine because it pleases ME and couldn't care less if somebody else doesn't like it. ;)

THANK YOU! for posting a link to this article. It was mentioned a while back but I could never find it. For some reason Googling "Michael Jordan Editor Edmunds Vehicross" only produced topics about something called "basketball." :_confused

Well, it almost got deleted as Edmund's Insideline stuff got merged with Edmunds regular stuff. I wrote and complained and they brought it back. Good spot!

samneil2000
04/17/2013, 06:42 AM
Sweet!

givegodachance
04/19/2013, 06:17 PM
its not the ugliest, its misunderstood. Every single day, everywhere i go, people stare at this thing. Some like it, some dont. I think most bmws are ugly, i dont bash them. Well maybe just alittle, cause well, they look horrible.

hxdiaz
04/26/2013, 12:31 AM
More and more, SUV's of today remind me of the Vehicross. Light years ahead of its time.

Y33TREKker
04/26/2013, 10:42 AM
Maybe articles like that will begin to make a positive difference in the value of remaining VX's as a collectible vehicle. I talked to a guy at a local convenience store yesterday for about 20 minutes after I walked out of the store and found him trying to determine what make and model vehicle he was looking at.

He'd apparently already had it in mind to buy a Chevy Spark because of it's advertised highway gas mileage (if he could find one that wasn't the same "puke green" he'd seen at his local dealership that is), but said he'd immediately changed his mind to wanting a VX instead after seeing mine...so long as it got halfway similar mileage. Needless to say he was disappointed when I told him a VX averages maybe 20 mpg highway.

Along with the mileage though, it also seemed to be the rarity of the VX that also had him wanting one. His day job was semi-driver, and he told me that despite all of the time he's spent on the road over the years, my VX was the first he'd ever seen. With demand being a large factor in determining market price, and a smaller and smaller number of available examples of that specific market, maybe it's only a matter of time for the VX?

The question might turn out to be, if a Barrett-Jackson-like offer was ever made...what would win out...your pride of ownership for having something that everyone else wants at the moment...or the possible temporary chance to sell at a profit in an up market?

tom4bren
04/26/2013, 11:59 AM
Maybe articles like that will begin to make a positive difference in the value of remaining VX's as a collectible vehicle. I talked to a guy at a local convenience store yesterday for about 20 minutes after I walked out of the store and found him trying to determine what make and model vehicle he was looking at.

He'd apparently already had it in mind to buy a Chevy Spark because of it's advertised highway gas mileage (if he could find one that wasn't the same "puke green" he'd seen at his local dealership that is), but said he'd immediately changed his mind to wanting a VX instead after seeing mine...so long as it got halfway similar mileage. Needless to say he was disappointed when I told him a VX averages maybe 20 mpg highway.

Along with the mileage though, it also seemed to be the rarity of the VX that also had him wanting one. His day job was semi-driver, and he told me that despite all of the time he's spent on the road over the years, my VX was the first he'd ever seen. With demand being a large factor in determining market price, and a smaller and smaller number of available examples of that specific market, maybe it's only a matter of time for the VX?

The question might turn out to be, if a Barrett-Jackson-like offer was ever made...what would win out...your pride of ownership for having something that everyone else wants at the moment...or the possible temporary chance to sell at a profit in an up market?

DOOOOD!!!

Never mind ... I ain't got nuthin':)

You're probably right about the nitch market & $$$ thing over time. Boy said that somebody offered him $10G for the VX the other day.

blacksambo
04/27/2013, 08:15 PM
The following pubs have already said the VX is a strong collectible candidate just waiting to happen: Motor Trend, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Edmunds. What more do you need?