PDA

View Full Version : Boston :(

twalker920
04/15/2013, 05:12 PM
I hope any VX friends and family in the Boston area are all safe and sound.

Boston is the where my family landed in the US back in 1981 when we moved from England. We stayed there for two weeks (in heat I had never, ever before experienced!) before moving on to our new home in Denver. We have friends there and in the surrounding areas, and a runner friend of mine here had 7 friends in the race (who are all ok and accounted for...but stuck).

Mean crazy people suck.

That is all.

RickOKC
04/15/2013, 05:30 PM
I just don't know what to say. I've spent the last few hours heartbroken and angry that this has happened again. I hope our VX friends and family are not directly affected. Actually that's kind of a dumb thing to say - I know having something like this visit YOUR city will affect you in surprising ways. Makes it personal.

Bostonians... just know that people around the world are thinking of you.

Leon R
04/15/2013, 10:29 PM
Tough day... I live about 30 miles ourside of Boston, but I was actually in Boston when this went down with my youngest son. I was considered going by the marathon route after his appointment to show it to him, but my wife called and earged me to GET OUT! As I was driving home, I saw 50-60 emergency vehicles FLYING into the city!

Our very close friends were just 20-30 yards from the second blast, we saw their FB posts throughout the day, so we knew where they were! After the blast, the cell towers were shut down for a while so no one could reach them, that was a SCARY 45-60 min, until they posted that they were OK!

jheyson =)
04/16/2013, 05:54 AM
It was terrible what happened in Boston Yesterday.=(

I was there 2 weeks ago , and I remember driving by the library. By the way, I forgot to mention that I spotted a proton parked in Dunking Donuts or Start bucks, close to Boston University. It was in March 30th to be exact around 3 or 4pm. I was not able to meet the owner ,but I parked next to it for about 3 to 5 minutes because I was on my way to visit Boston University with some friends.
Iam not sure if that was you Leon_R, but good to hear that your family and friends are Ok.

My prayers go to the people who were affected by this sad event and their families.:(

tom4bren
04/16/2013, 06:12 AM
Bostonians... just know that people around the world are thinking of you.

X2

Scott Harness
04/16/2013, 06:54 AM
:(:mad::(:mad: It's really hard, if not impossible to prevent this type of attack!

Leon R
04/17/2013, 08:21 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago , and I remember driving by the library. By the way, I forgot to mention that I spotted a proton parked in Dunking Donuts or Start bucks, close to Boston University. It was in March 30th to be exact around 3 or 4pm. I was not able to meet the owner ,but I parked next to it for about 3 to 5 minutes because I was on my way to visit Boston University with some friends.
Iam not sure if that was you Leon_R, but good to hear that your family and friends are Ok.

Thank you!

I am in BU area about once a month, but I wasn't there on that day. However, the last time I was having lunch at T. Anthony's Pizza (I was parked right on Comm ave in front of it, my kids told me a yellow VX drove past it! So there must be someone at BU with a Proton VX!