PDA

View Full Version : jdm door mirrors. HELP

jimonskye
04/14/2013, 03:33 PM
Hi, I have grave need of new door mirrors for my JDM, I've tried ones from a Vauxhall mk2 and although they look the same the wiring is different. Can anyone tell me of any direct replacements that don't involve giving Isuzu UK almost £400.00 ?
thanks
jim

VX KAT
04/14/2013, 03:45 PM
Hi, I have grave need of new door mirrors for my JDM, I've tried ones from a Vauxhall mk2 and although they look the same the wiring is different. Can anyone tell me of any direct replacements that don't involve giving Isuzu UK almost £400.00 ?
thanks
jim

I sold a U.S. Spec one to a JDM owner and he said it worked, it just didn't have the electric fold in function. I can't recall if the JDMs have the heater function.

I have a Driver's side U.S. spec one in excellent condition if you're interested. email me.

vt_maverick
04/15/2013, 07:07 AM
This will get you half way there. I'd email the seller and see if he still has the other one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-Genuine-OEM-Vehicross-Right-Side-View-Mirror-/290692408626?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ae9e2532

vt_maverick
04/15/2013, 07:08 AM
P.S. How did you end up needing BOTH door mirrors at the same time? Vicious double sideswipe accident?

jimonskye
05/28/2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for your help; re US mirrors, I'm trying to keep to the JDM/UK mirrors at the moment. I was told that a direct replacement exists, but can't find it so far. As for the mirrors on the car at the moment; they were both cracked and damaged when I bought it, but the heater and fold function still work.

JAMAS
05/29/2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for your help; re US mirrors, I'm trying to keep to the JDM/UK mirrors at the moment. I was told that a direct replacement exists, but can't find it so far. As for the mirrors on the car at the moment; they were both cracked and damaged when I bought it, but the heater and fold function still work.

Is it just the glass portion?

jimonskye
06/04/2013, 04:49 PM
No, the glass is ok, it's the bits that hold the glass that are damaged, i.e. the folding in bits.

Y33TREKker
06/04/2013, 05:14 PM
Don't bother trying Dodge Neon mirrors. I was told that's what the donor mirrors were from on the VXO2 concept/Mission To Mars movie VX only to find out too late that the mounting bolt pattern is totally different and that some heavy customization had to have been done to make them work on the VX.

I can't help with any Isuzu interchanges. I didn't bother looking at other Isuzu vehicles for donor mirrors because there weren't any with the type of aero mirrors I was wanting to use.