PDA

View Full Version : Stalker Stories

Noctis
04/08/2013, 10:15 AM
Guy follows me into the Freebirds parking lot to ask me about my VX: buys me lunch! :)

Share your slightly creepy but flattering VX stalker stories.

VXorado
04/08/2013, 12:27 PM
About a month ago, my wife Amy and I were driving home from the diehard movie around 1000 PM. A slightly modified FJ cruiser pulled up next to me and the driver/passenger were both eyeing down the VX. Amy noticed they were looking and decided to wave at them. A few block down the quite busy road, we were sitting at a stop light. The light turns green, so I take my foot of the brake and instantly hear a knock knock knock on the passenger window. The VX is now rolling and there's this guy running along side it. I look in the rear view mirror and see the FJ behind me with the passenger door wide open. I roll the window down and the jogging man yells "I've never seen one of these before, what is it?" I reply, "it's a Vehicross" and he yells back "a V-gross? thanks" and runs back to the FJ. :laughing:

By far, the oddest VX related encounter I've ever had.

Y33TREKker
04/08/2013, 01:08 PM
My most blatant stalker story would be the girl at the convenience store nearby who has told me multiple times that I'd better make sure to keep it locked because she knows where I live and the first chance she gets she's going to steal it. ;)

EVO
04/08/2013, 02:28 PM
No VX stalker stories yet!! Knock on wood! KNOCK,KNOCK! But I did have an ex-girlfriend show up a year and half later after we had broken up to Xmas Dinner w/my parents!! She was already having dinner with them when I arrived, and pretended nothing was wrong!! Happy Place! Happy Place! Had to 5150 her to the local Hospital!! She's happily married with children now and I'm still having nightmares!!!!

VXR
04/09/2013, 02:12 PM
Someone took two pictures of my VX (had them developed somewhere since there were numbers on the back) and left them under my windshield wiper:_thinking

RickOKC
04/09/2013, 07:02 PM
I had a guy follow me off the highway all the way to my house to ask, "What is it? Where can I get one?" That was a total of 6 miles!

magikmike
04/09/2013, 07:28 PM
No Stalkers yet, but... I watched a girl mouth (I obviously couldn't hear her) "What the F@c# is that" as I rounded the corner of the intersection in front of her

WormGod
04/10/2013, 07:03 AM
Had a neighbor stop me one day at my mailbox and tell me she called the sheriff while I was was work.

She said an "old suped up" Mustang had pulled up into my driveway and 2 gentlemen got out and walked up to my garage door. They were peeking in and taking cell phone pics through my garage windows for about 5 minutes. Then they got in the car and sped off.

She was concerned that they were trying case out to steal something of value in there. The only thing of value in there is my toolboxes and my VX. I guess it's anyone's guess at that point.

Needless to say, the sheriff never contacted me and my VX and toolboxes are still with me. (I did install a poor man's tracking/monitoring device in it since then).

WormGod
04/11/2013, 06:55 AM
Wow, got a new one for ya. I got a hand written letter in the mail yesterday from a return address that simply said "Frederick, MD". The letter states that said person is a mechanic and knows of my VX. He would like to purchase it from me "for parts for his VX". :confused:

Um.... hell no! Mine is low mile, S/C'd, and in near perfect shape. Think NOT.

In any case, it creeps me out cause it could be not only someone on these forums, but someone who is near my home town and knows my address. :_huh:

Might need to keep the AR15 out of the safe for a while....

Mile High VX
04/11/2013, 07:09 AM
Had one just today...

Older couple pull up next to me at the freeway offramp light driving a P/T Cruiser. They both are looking over the VX and she rolls down her window and waves frantically at me to get my attention. I rolled down the window and she just yells at me..."that is so cool, what is it and who makes it."

Y33TREKker
04/11/2013, 08:45 AM
Wow, got a new one for ya. I got a hand written letter in the mail yesterday from a return address that simply said "Frederick, MD". The letter states that said person is a mechanic and knows of my VX. He would like to purchase it from me "for parts for his VX". :confused:

Um.... hell no! Mine is low mile, S/C'd, and in near perfect shape. Think NOT.

In any case, it creeps me out cause it could be not only someone on these forums, but someone who is near my home town and knows my address. :_huh:

Might need to keep the AR15 out of the safe for a while....
Uhhhm yeah... ;wtf; ...your story wins.