PDA

View Full Version : rear view camera

dr4g0n
10/29/2003, 11:09 PM
Hey so is it true the Japan VX's come with a camera installed stock?

I sure would love to be able to see out the back, Is there some kit, OEM or something I can get or is it just a custom job for us Americans?

XCross69
10/30/2003, 04:55 AM
As far as I know its a custom job for us Americans....someone will prove me wrong if so....however if your looking for a camera I have one I will sell ya. Its new in box and the one many on here bought in a group by..drop me an email if interested!

Navigator
10/30/2003, 05:53 AM
... Van Eyes.

MZ-N10
10/30/2003, 10:10 AM
how much are you selling the camera for? if dragon backs out ill be happy to buy it(if its something i can afford)
________
OIGAN LIVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/oigan)

XCross69
10/30/2003, 11:26 AM
This is the camera I have, nothing wrong with it, still in the box! Had it out once to make sure it worked and it worked great, just haven't had the chance to mess around with it and get it installed. Check old forums for reverse camera and you should be able to find a pic of it....This is an aftermarket camera!

COLOR!
• Has lots of Infrared LED's so that during the night, you have black and white NIGHT VISION!
• Waterproof
• Fog-resistant lens
• Camera housing is machined solid aluminum, not plastic junk.
• Uses single 65' cable. At the end is the video RCA connection and the power plug for a cigarette light! (I plan on stripping the wires and connecting it to a dash switch)
• Mirrors the image!!!
• 1 year warranty
• Only $170 including shipping!

dyanni
11/01/2003, 03:26 AM
Here is a gadget that comes with the rear cam. Good price for the parts you get. Rearview mirror attachement/video monitor Television tuner with remote and Rearview Camera in one package.
299.00 Link to Product Information (http://www.gadgetalert.com/cgi-bin/sgsc0101.exe?SRCCODE=W031029PR&FNM=04&GEN0=TE343)
http://www.gadgetalert.com/images/p0004108g.JPG

Apostle
11/02/2003, 08:32 AM
I'd be interested to hear from someone who installed this.

please post, along with pics, and how the service was from the gadget people

VX crazy
12/04/2003, 06:35 PM
Just got the mirror/camera kit in from Gadget and WHAT A DEAL! Way nice kit with a lot of thought to detail. Camera is designed to go inside the vehicle with an ingenious, adjustable mount. Integrated TV tuner, remote control, antenna, cell phone stereo mute and far better looking than ANY of the mirror screens we saw at SEMA. Too bad there aren't any more left....

SALE: At Frys there is a 7" Clarion touch screen, DVD, CD, MP3, Sirius ready indash video system for $999. Remanufactured unit but has a one year warranty - normally $1699 most places. 6 left here in Austin - hollar if anyone wants one and I'll pick it up for them.

dyanni
12/04/2003, 06:47 PM
would love to see some real world pix of that baby installed.

VX crazy
12/04/2003, 06:56 PM
Uh, it looks just like the mirror in the above picture....

Capri
12/04/2003, 07:42 PM
I wonder if this is the same thing as that, or a rip-off:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3061318393&category=32826

:confused:

dyanni
12/04/2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by VX crazy
Uh, it looks just like the mirror in the above picture....

I was thinking real world implementation, not an ad.

johnnyapollo
12/05/2003, 04:25 AM
Hey Capri,

I would say screw the clip-on mirror, pull out the TFT and use the kit in the fuzzy hole. It's difficult to determine the quality of something like that without experiencing it first hand. I think that's why so many have been reluctant to go that route - everyone's waiting for the first person to jump in!

-- John

Capri
12/05/2003, 06:08 AM
I think I will just roll down the window and yell out "hey, I am backing out and I can't see a dam* thing, good luck" :cool:

Tone
12/05/2003, 06:19 AM
That is a different kit but similar - Lisa’s has the built in tv tuner. Most all of the mirrors out there attach to the stock mirror so it is easier for most people to install. Both cameras are too big to install in the rear crescent though.

I’ll post pics when I install Lisa’s tonite but it really does look just like the picture. I wish more people would take the chance and try these things out - buy from a company that will let you return it if you don’t like it.

I also got in the Laser-blinder and HID upgrade kits and will be installing and testing those units over the weekend.

Dallas4u
12/05/2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Tone
I also got in the Laser-blinder and HID upgrade kits and will be installing and testing those units over the weekend.

Tone, excuse my ignorance on this, but what are the laser-blinders?

And, I thought HID upgrades were considered illegal? Was there ever a definite answer on this subject?

Heraclid
12/05/2003, 02:48 PM
There's at least one screen-in-mirror kit out there with a mirror that replaces the stock mirror, not just clips on or whatever. Automan (?) is one, I think. I just about bought one for half-price off eBay once but tires came first.

SPAZZ
12/05/2003, 10:35 PM
;Dp;