PDA

View Full Version : GoPoint Technology Bluetooth ODB reader

Noctis
03/23/2013, 02:36 PM
Just picked this item and I'm rather happy with it, so I thought I'd share.

http://gopointtech.com/

It's a OBD reader that is wireless, and connects to my iPhone via Bluetooth.

The check engine light has been coming on once in a while, so I decided it was time to see what the heck was going on! Turns out it was just a pesky EGR valve - nothing a good tap with a screwdriver handle won't fix, but now I know.

I love technology!
~Noctis

RodL
03/24/2013, 03:37 AM
At the Florida Meet Makocross has a reader connected with a small pod that suction cups to the windshield. I would rather use that type than another app for my already busy Smart Phone. Use it for music and GPS already and adding something else isn't what I want to do. Anyone else using a wired device? Have googled OBDII scanners and haven't been able to locate the one Michael has.

Rod

Makocross
03/24/2013, 02:35 PM
Rod,
It is called the ultra gauge. It is a little less expensive than the scan gauge.

Mike

RodL
03/26/2013, 01:45 AM
Rod,
It is called the ultra gauge. It is a little less expensive than the scan gauge.

Mike

Thanks Mike, went to the website last night to purchase one but they only offered USPS shipping. The Post Office won't deliver to me currently so I will have to wait until I move North to order. Looked all over the site for an email address or telephone number.

Thanks again,

Rod

wintermute
03/26/2013, 11:18 AM
I have the iOBD2 which is similar in functionality, but creates a WiFi hotspot that the iPhone connects to. It was a bit finicky and tricky to set up, (there was a software glitch that required a work-around, but their support tech replied to my email within 24 hours) but once set, it has worked reliably and I've been happy with it. Love having the ability to diagnose and reset error codes on my iPhone.

iOBD2 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/IOBD2-Wireless-Scanner-Iphone-Reader/dp/B008US9J9W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1364321747&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=iobd2)

RodL
04/13/2013, 05:55 AM
Just finished ordering the Ultra Gauge, just moved to a place where I can receive the U.S. Mail. Noted that Our VX is not listed as compatible, but Makocross has one in his and I liked it much better than having to use my Smart Phone to connect. Hopefully next week I can show photos of my install.

Rod