PDA

View Full Version : Touch up Paint

TDAWG
10/29/2003, 10:11 AM
Working at Pep Boys has had some great benifits. I was gonna go to the Hobby Shop to pickup some Paint for all my VX models to match the colors of all the VX's and then get some custom colors for the rest. Well I decided since we got small bottles of touchup paint I would go check and see if we had any Isuzu colors. Well I wnet to my VX got the Paint code and wham the number doesn't matchup. So I say ok I'll just try and match them up by eye. I start looking and stumple on something that looks good. I decide to look in the book from a company called Plasti-Coat and look up under GM since they are in on the VX. in 99 GM has a color called Silver Grey Metallic #4816. Well I look at the bottle and behold it looks exactly like Astral Silver. I take it out to my truck open the back door. take off the tire cover and try a little spot too see if they match up. BAM it's a perfect match. So if anyone wants a small bottle of touchup paint without having to go to the dealer and wait. Drop by any Pep Boys go to the paint rack look up Gm 99-01 then look for your color VX using just the 3 numbers. For the Astral Silver it's GM #4816. The 1 draw back that I found was that Plast-Kote doesn't carry a color for the Proton. But I am sure that it could some how be matched up. If everybody wouldn't please post the paint codes for all the other colors so I can match them up.
Proton Yellow.
Ironman White.
Ebony Black.
Kiaser Silver.
Dragon Green.
Fox Fire Red Mica.

VehiX
10/29/2003, 11:54 AM
Wonderful find TDAWG.

Reason I say this is because I am going to paint my interior console. The area around the dash cluster and center console. I wanted to do the color the same exact color as my VX for a nice match.

This information is very helpful to me.

I love Platic-Coate as I used this very same paint to paint the interior of my Ford Probe GT and was completly satified with the results.

See ya, heading to Pep Boys now :D

Just so everyone knows, The brand Plastic-Coate is paint in an aresol can used for painting Automotive interior plastics :)

omegavx
10/29/2003, 12:06 PM
Just so you know, I ordered touch paint through St. Charles and they delivered the exact coded paint within 2 days. I did have to order 1 boxes, 3 bottles, but it was only like $7.00 and its good to have around just incase.

TDAWG
10/29/2003, 12:10 PM
which color did you order? How much for 2 bottles?

omegavx
10/29/2003, 12:56 PM
Ok, here is what I got the cost numbers in my original post were wrong I actually bought 2 boxes of 3, but gave the price for 1 box of 3.

Dragon Green
Part No. 2-90046-860-0
3 bottles each one being .44 FL. OZ.
MSRP: $3.25 each bottle
St. Charles Internet Price: $2.76 each bottle

Total cost shipped for 1 box of 3 bottles would be $8.28. Shipping was free and it got here within 2 days (although they say it may take 4-5 days). I did have them ship a front license cover at the same time, but I think shipping is free on all internet orders even ones as little as $8.28.

iownvx
10/29/2003, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I have 1 extra bottle of touch-up paint for Kaiser Silver color. This is Isuzu manufactory part, not after market part. $2.76 + $0.34 shipping. I order a box of 3 and sold 1 and now have last 1 left.

I_Wanna_Retire
10/29/2003, 01:30 PM
Cool! I am actually looking for a spray can of the Proton Yellow (Paint Code = 804), so if you can find an equivalent, it would be appreciated.

TDAWG
10/29/2003, 03:04 PM
I'll give it shot and report back anything I come up with.

omegavx
10/29/2003, 04:23 PM
BTW, the body color is 860 trim color of 166.