PDA

View Full Version : Door handle HELP

Cyrk
10/29/2003, 10:02 AM
You know when you try to open the door fast and the stupid design of our door handles your hand slides off.

Well I did that and heard a weird noise, got in and drove off.
On my way back to the car unlocked the door and could not get the door open. Went around to the other side and got in and open the door from that side.

So the door opens from the inside but not the outside?

Anyone got and idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

-x-
10/29/2003, 10:22 AM
id start with tha door panel :rolleyes: pop it off may be that the "bar" disconnected from the latch. If that sounds right...;Db; ....x

....is roswell anywhere near augusta? I know augusta isnt really near anywhere, but thought id ask i have a brother i visit from time to time up there...x

Sheik-YurBooty
10/29/2003, 10:26 AM
Hmmmm! electronics sure beats me! Sorry that I can't be of any help..........Maybe you can turn the VX inside out.........now that seems logical to me! Then again, "What do I know?"

Cyrk
10/29/2003, 11:04 AM
X... about a hour or so away, next time your there give a shout, we could meet up.

-x-
10/29/2003, 12:58 PM
...thanx....x

tiggergreen
10/29/2003, 01:13 PM
This also happened to me. Turns out the little white plastic piece near the external door handle broke (it holds the thin bar that opens the door). It took the local Isuzu dealer two tries and about three months before I finally received the little part.

Anyway, I took the clear plastic off the inside of the door and using a lot of time, managed to replace the broken piece myself. A set of needle nose pliers may be your friend in this matter.

Hopefully yours didn't break but just came off...

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. I may be able to find the part number if I dig around.

Brent

Cyrk
10/29/2003, 01:47 PM
Thanks Brent... If you can please try to locate the part number...

Raque Thomas
10/29/2003, 02:24 PM
Cyrk, I've seen those clips at Pep Boys & Auto Zone in the "Help!" packages. That's the section with factory lighters, panel clips, etc. It looks like the GM clip.

Zu4two
10/29/2003, 05:37 PM
Hey! I've had that problem before! Just like Brent said, it's the little plastic clip that holds the actuator bar into latch mechanism.

I believe the part numbers are 89703 75090 for the left side and 89703 75080 for the right. They cost like $2 each, so I'd just buy both sides, so you have one when the passenger side breaks. As I recall it was a real bugger to get the clip installed without dropping it into the inside of the door. Good Luck!

Kirk

Cyrk
10/30/2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys... just ordered them.

Once again this forum rules!

-Dave