PDA

View Full Version : Random VX pic

RabidPony
03/15/2013, 11:15 AM
It just occurred to me that I hadn't posted or even taken any new pics of my VX since the lift and new shoes. Here's a quickie phone pic until it's warm enough for me to detail her.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/RabidPony98/IMG_20130315_135552_526_zps44b32a15.jpg

ibmx2
03/15/2013, 11:16 AM
nice looking

VXorado
03/15/2013, 04:57 PM
Nice, I like the rim/tire combo. :thumbup:

RodL
03/16/2013, 03:51 AM
Like the look, did you have to do the lift for the tires or did you just want it higher? New tires are coming in June or July, haven't decided what I will get just yet. Still have the stock rims and some Firestone Destinations that came with the VX.

Rod

RabidPony
03/16/2013, 04:34 PM
I could have "probably" fit the tires under it at stock height but I would have had to do a lot of fender trimming up front and they probably would have rubbed a lot if I had tried to flex the suspension much. The tires are 285/75 16 Yokohama Geolandar MT+ on 16x8 inch wheels. It's lifted about an inch and a half on OME 913 springs with a matching torsion bar crank in the front. Only other mod I did to supplement the lift was the addition of extended brakes lines of the braided stainless variety from Indy 4x4. They weren't strictly necessary but I highly recommend them. You don't want to flex the suspension and risk popping a brake line.

Ldub
03/16/2013, 09:03 PM
Only other mod I did to supplement the lift was the addition of extended brakes lines of the braided stainless variety from Indy 4x4. They weren't strictly necessary but I highly recommend them. You don't want to flex the suspension and risk popping a brake line.

Good call...:yes:

If you haven't noticed a firmer pedal, bleed em' again...with the motor running...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13491&highlight=brake+bleeding

RabidPony
03/17/2013, 11:24 AM
I used a power bleeder and did a full system bleed. It's been a while so I can't recall if there was any change in pedal feel. I alternate fluids from one bleed to the next. From clear to blue and back. That way I can be absolutely sure I got all the old fluid out. You should see the assortment of oils, brake fluids, coolants, etc that I have lying around. It's amazing what you collect when you have multiple vehicles, none of which use the same stuff.

edit: Also, all of my vehicles have braided stainless lines. First part I order for anything I own, no matter what it is, even if it's just a dd.

don moore
03/22/2013, 12:12 AM
looks good