PDA

View Full Version : I thought the world was "stupid proof" enough

Ldub
03/09/2013, 03:39 PM
Apparently, I was wrong...:rolleyesg

http://www.designboom.com/technology/volvo-v40-helps-save-lives-with-pedestrian-airbags/

Riff Raff
03/09/2013, 07:20 PM
Hmmm; due to its hyper sensitivity contact circuit, it most likely works on other roadkill like cats and dogs. I guess this means you can only J-walk across the street when you see a Volvo coming at you.

A much better solution would be a wraparound police-style front brush guard or kangaroo bumper; which solves the problem of possibly being sued in court by an injured survivor.

:bgwb:

Mile High VX
03/09/2013, 07:57 PM
They're just making natural selection harder and harder...:yesb::yesgray::yesy::yeso:

VXorado
03/10/2013, 07:29 AM
Hmmm; due to its hyper sensitivity contact circuit, it most likely works on other roadkill like cats and dogs.

That's a good point. Could make for some expensive repairs if you bump into something even at a slow speed.

Gizmo42
03/10/2013, 12:37 PM
I still want a V40. Unfortunately they arent going to sell them in this country. If I ever wreck my V50 it will probably be totaled just from the cost of replacing all the air bags. Damn things are every where.

Noctis
03/10/2013, 05:08 PM
Darwin facepalm.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_ApCxuTPYhRc/THbqkHIZV2I/AAAAAAAADdo/jZ7mkZakc0k/s288/DarwinFacepalm.jpg
That is all.

Dmitrikr
03/10/2013, 06:34 PM
so, poor guy will be deflected away from the windshield, over roof and thrown on the ground behind volvo? I don't think this air bag gives more chances to survive...

Ldub
03/10/2013, 09:23 PM
so, poor guy will be deflected away from the windshield, over roof and thrown on the ground behind volvo? I don't think this air bag gives more chances to survive...

Good point...but it COULD open up a whole new realm of the X games...:yesgray:

With points given, for distance & accuracy...:naughty:

We could give the "right" to be the "puck" or "ball" if you will, to volunteer prisoners, who would in turn receive reduced sentences if they survive...:laughing:

With differing wind screen angles, a whole nuther kind of golf could evolve...:_thinking

Troopers would be used as putters, Lambo's for sand wedges, etc...etc...etc...:yes:

CoastieCosta567
03/12/2013, 04:38 AM
Do you guys think that little knee airbag will cause more busted knee problems then without?

tom4bren
03/12/2013, 11:35 AM
Didn't Mercedes re-design their wiper blades a few years back to make them less likely to kill someone when they crash through your windshield?

BigSwede
03/12/2013, 01:09 PM
The owners manual for my DD RAV4 says that the trailer hitch should be removed when not in use. Not the ball mount, the entire hitch.:_confused

You just know Toyota must have gotten sued for having "too rigid" a structure in a rear end collision...so I could easily see lawsuits over a bumper deemed too harmful to pedestrians.

Dmitrikr
03/12/2013, 06:46 PM
Didn't Mercedes re-design their wiper blades a few years back to make them less likely to kill someone when they crash through your windshield?

Ha, now I know why they did remove mercedes medallion from the top of the hood. Medallions were slicing flesh and tearing clothes off.:bgwb:

Ldub
03/12/2013, 07:08 PM
Ha, now I know why they did remove mercedes medallion from the top of the hood. Medallions were slicing flesh and tearing clothes off.:bgwb:

That particular brand of idiot proofing, started back in the "olden days" (70's)...:yesgray:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2012/80652-hood-ornament-post2246034.html#post2246034